75% of all guitarists...

FFStratophile

• Members

Where'd you get that statistic from? Hardly anybody I see around London has done that, tho' many of the younger bands favour MIM reissue Tele variants like the Custom and Deluxe, which come ready-made HB-loaded.

EDIT: Not to mention the 72 Thinline ...

• Members

I'm with ya man, why would you want to do something like that for? And when people do put them in... they're not even on an angle! They put them in straight, what the hell!?

Also with you csm, not like I see a lot of people doing it.

Probably because they know better :D

- Ged

• Members

I vote for HBs with splits too.......

However, I also vote for having a stratocaster with HBs and splits, but a tele with hot singles like P90s or 1/4 pounders..........although a tele with filtertrons is to die for!!

• Members

For me, I only like strats and teles with singles singles, anything else and I feel you lose the character of the guitar. I love humbuckers, but fitted to different guitars. IMHO if you have a strat with a couple of humbuckers and a floyd, you may as well have got a different guitar, though I realise for some it may be a comfort thing

• Members

Keith put a humbucker in his Tele:confused:........he must be snorting something!

Yeah, but watch him closely: he seems to have superglued his selector switch into the bridge position. In other words, he sticks a HB into the neck position of his Tele and then uses it like an Esquire.

• Members

It's because, in general, HB's help cover up sloppy technique through gain.

HB's also help compensate for sub-par amplification, or at least compensate for not knowing how to properly dial an amp in.

That being said, I play more through HB's than I do SC's. But I have guitars with plenty of different configurations.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

nor do I advocate Br00tal hi-gain.

Neither do I, but I still like bridge humbuckers in strats :o The bridge strat pickup is ok but I find it gets too grainy and hollow with a moderate amount of gain, which is why I'm going back to a HSS setup. However, if I ever get a tele, its going to be SS, I hear teles are punchier than strats in the bridge position anyway.

• Members

Neither do I, but I still like bridge humbuckers in strats
:o
The bridge strat pickup is ok but I find it gets too grainy and hollow with a moderate amount of gain, which is why I'm going back to a HSS setup. However, if I ever get a tele, its going to be SS, I hear teles are punchier than strats in the bridge position anyway.

I actually prefer the strat bridge sound. You can get a really piercing tone, that sounds nice and tubey, but roll back the tone (if you have a good strat) and you get something a bit thicker. The tele bridge just sounds a bit average and middle of the road to me... (willy waits to get shot down)

Archived