The Signature Guitar Picture Thread

Bbreaker

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
That's not a signature guitar. That's a tribute guitar. A signature guitar is a guitar designed in collaboration with an artist. Jimi Hendrix had been dead for 27 years when that guitar came out.

Here we go with unnecessary semantics.
The Hendrix estate never authorized Fender to do a Jimi Hendrix signature guitar.
It's legal mumbojumbo.
Tribute model in this case is a signature guitar.

• Members
Here we go with unnecessary semantics.

The Hendrix estate never authorized Fender to do a Jimi Hendrix signature guitar.

It's legal mumbojumbo.

Tribute model in this case is a signature guitar.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Fender actually did a few tribute guitars to Hendrix. The first was a custom shop strat that was supposed to be a replica of the guitar he played at the Monterey show. The one Bbreaker has was based on the guitar he played at Woodstock although they put out a few of them in sunburst which are very rare. Then they discontinued the Woodstock one and came out with the "Voodoo Stratocaster" which was offered with either maple or rosewood fingerboards and came in Sunburst, Olympic White, or Black.

From what I understand at some point the Hendrix estate pulled out of the project which resulted in the Voodoo stratocaster being discontinued and Fender is now making that guitar in mexico and calling it the "Reverse Prototype Stratocaster" or something to that effect.

I have the Jimi Hendrix Voodoo model, and the Jimi Hendrix Flying V. The Jimi Hendrix Flying V certificate is signed by Janie Hendrix so I guess it's the Janie Hendrix signature model.