Whatever happened to Nelsonic Guitars?

Joe Bones

• Members

I pulled out my Nelsonic Telecaster for the first time in over a year today, and remarked once again at how well it plays and sounds, and the beautiful 3TS finish.

Probably the best cheap guitar I've ever bought, insofar as being close to the real thing it's trying to copy.

Tried to surf to their website, seems they are no longer around.

A pity for a company which put out such a fine product. Whatever happened to them?

• Members

They said that their Korean factory was moving to China, and they didn't want their product made in a Chinese factory. So for months they claimed they were searching for a new Korean factory to start production again.

Instead, they just sold all their inventory and shut down their website eventually.

My Lester and Powerload from them are two simply fantastic guitars. (the 51 does not hold a candle to them.)

Nelsonic_Lester_LP_2.jpg

Nelsonic_Lester_LP_1.jpg

Nelsonic_Powerload_SG_2.jpg

Nelsonic_Powerload_SG_1.jpg

• Members

I think thats the Bill Nelson (Be Bop Deluxe) signature guitar?

...true, but it has the Nelsonic "atomic" logo on the fretboard...same as the one used on those older Nelsonic headstocks (just look at the pics of the 2 Nelsonics posted and the detail shot of that Bill Nelson fretboard)...coincidence?...

• Members

I've had 2 Nelsonics. The Lester was a tobacco burst with a flamed maple top. That was a good guitar but when I got my Epi Elitist, it was outclassed in tone and playability. For a brief while, I had the regular tele. It was okay, the edges of the fretboard needed to be rounded a little. Tone was good but nothing exceptional.

I was unemployed when the 2 P-90 Nelsonic came out. Like everyone else, I'd love to have one and I would not sell it.

Archived