NGD: Blade Texas Standard Pro Strat

ArKay

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks all :wave:

Gorgeous... Always liked Blade's, and the sound options with the actives are very useful.

Yes, they really are. They give a really fat & low or nice, middy sound. Very nice :thu: Have to be careful with the battery :lol:

• Members

wooooooohoooooooooo yessssss

arkay I HATE YOU! I'm so gassed... n the redwood labeled gave me the hint!!! Musik schmidt frankfurt, right? so great, I'll so go n check em out!!!!!! TELL ME THEY'RE GREAT FOR THE PRICE!!!! -los mach schon, ich platz!!! :D

• Members

wooooooohoooooooooo yessssss

arkay I HATE YOU! I'm so gassed... n the redwood labeled gave me the hint!!! Musik schmidt frankfurt, right? so great, I'll so go n check em out!!!!!! TELL ME THEY'RE GREAT FOR THE PRICE!!!! -los mach schon, ich platz!!!
:D

That's the shop, exactly :thu: They shipped it on the same day (Saturday!) and it arrived well-packed with UPS on Tuesday. :thu: It's more than worth its money, KAUFEN! :)

• Members

OH YES!!! my home town is like half an hour away from the shop... I guess I'll go n see the family next week - I have that warm feeling in my stomach like missing them so damn much right now... errrrr... :D

the shop guys are kinda goofie, but I'll step right in n grab one of those... n leave to the test area...

WHO COULD GIVE A F ABOUT CHRISTMAS RIGHT NOW?!?! :D :D :D

• Members

OH YES!!! my home town is like half an hour away from the shop... I guess I'll go n see the family next week - I have that warm feeling in my stomach like missing them so damn much right now... errrrr...

the shop guys are kinda goofie, but I'll step right in n grab one of those... n leave to the test area...

WHO COULD GIVE A F ABOUT CHRISTMAS RIGHT NOW?!?!

:lol:

Was my first order with them and most likely not my last. I'm pretty fed up with Thomann after they sent me 2 totally unplayable guitars (the 2nd was the replacement for the first). :freak:

Have fun with the family and enjoy your new guitar (I hope) :thu:

• Members

:lol:

Was my first order with them and most likely not my last. I'm pretty fed up with Thomann after they sent me 2 totally unplayable guitars (the 2nd was the replacement for the first).
:freak:

Have fun with the family and enjoy your new guitar (I hope)
:thu:

What did'ya get from thomann? thought about one of those harley benton Teles for 100

• Members

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

oh arkay - I'm as thankfull as someone who just got infected by evil GAS can be.....

Swimmingpool route - great, thought about HSS or Kinmans... but hey - let's get that guitar first n check out what it's capable of... I guess I'll let mine be setup for 10s straight away...

love the neck heel n rod design as well - GOT TO HAVE IT! NOW!!! and a case....

the iceman is nice, but that guitar up there just doesn't seem right to me.... it's probably the more edgy horn on the original...

jup thomann is a freakin big shop - my girlfriend went there to check out some Basses and she told me it was just so large and the handling of the instruments and all the steps you had to do after buying something rather reminded her of a well known skandinavian furniture Store... their prices are always good for ,negotiations' in other shops, especially musikschmidt, they're very price focused to keep up with thomann... and plus the service - they sure can!

so how's the sound of the SCs w/o the active system? cheap - good - excellent? compared to Fender guitars?

• Members

thanks for the effort though... now I'm just more excited...

damn, you might just buying guitars n play some more you got a freakin huge bunch of em for playing a year... ;)

*sings* i - will - go - to - frankfurt i - will - go - to - frankfurt HEY!

• Members

thanks for the effort though... now I'm just more excited...

damn, you might just buying guitars n play some more you got a freakin huge bunch of em for playing a year...
;)

*sings* i - will - go - to - frankfurt i - will - go - to - frankfurt HEY!

Yeah, far too many guitars. :cry: Which color will you get?

• Members

I guess I'll go for the 3tb... got an olympic baritone tele at my luthier, a black strat copy lying around, traded my blue nashville style tele copy cos I dodn't like the color n candy apple always looked to plastic to me... except for the G.E. smith tele from another thread :D Good 'ol G.A.S.

tell me if ya wanna get rid of some... being from here shipping is way cheaper... ;)

btw - you can never have enough guitars, especially not being a HC member ;)

• Members

I guess I'll go for the 3tb... got an olympic baritone tele at my luthier, a black strat copy lying around, traded my blue nashville style tele copy cos I dodn't like the color n candy apple always looked to plastic to me... except for the G.E. smith tele from another thread
Good 'ol G.A.S.

tell me if ya wanna get rid of some... being from here shipping is way cheaper...
;)

btw - you can never have enough guitars, especially not being a HC member
;)

Wondering what the body looks like without a solid finish. I hope you will take pics should you get it! :thu:

Nice, colorful collection! :thu:

Yeah, CAR looks plasticky somehow. Was a tossup between the Olympic White & the LPB here.

Still dunno what I will get rid of, owning so many weird guitars makes it very difficult to decide.

You can have too many, believe me. It's actually a space issue and the fact that I will have to ship them to China in a couple of years and may have to pay heavy import on the stuff I bring there.

• Members

hm... right. that'll suck espescially for your rather cheap collection... got some of em real cheap...

found some nice pics of the 3tbs on guitarmaniacs... EVEN MORE GAS it's adding up n adding up....

http://www.guitarmaniacs.de/cgi-bin/gallery.pl?action=gallery&id=43

No doubt, there will be pics - gotta stay true to the HC codex - no pics - no thread! ;)

• Members

Ich leibe deine Blade! (or should that be ihne Blade? I last took German in school in 1989, so....). Blades are great guitars, and definitely open to being available on good deals as they aren't so well known. What I love about them is that they produce guitars that have all these interesting, innovative little features tucked away, but with an overall vintage vibe and look on the surface. I'd quite happily play one of those in a band shooting for an overall fifties vibe, with the bonus of all the little extras tucked away in there. I'm not entirely sold on active electronics; I prefer without, but the westone I bought a couple of years back convinced me that they can be a good thing. When comes the time for me to look for a fifties-style Strat, I'm definitely gonig to be playing blad off against a CIJ Fender 57RI. (Can see me ending uo with both - eep!).

I will, I will. Have another one coming (a 3 P90s strat by Vintage). I can barely move in my room anymore.
:cry:

Those are superb, though fundamentally flawed in three keys ways:

1] No maple fingerboards (though i did seriously consider repalcing the neck on one of them.... it'd be worth it!). I've got enough rosewood Strats that it's a dealbreaker now I prefer maple.

2] They moved the jack socket to the rim..... if this was the only flaw, I could live with it, but, meh..... the look and convenience of the traditional Strat socket is one of my favourite things about a Strat.

3] No left handers. :mad:

Otherwise.... superb guitar!! I'd love a Vintage Strat type, especially one of their "relics", but no maple boards and no lefties kills it for me. Pity - there's little to beat tham at the price. For my money, they just have the edge over the Squiers, which I also like a lot.

Archived