why i love harmony central

chrisebrooks06

• Members

i just introduced myself in a seperate thread and was amazed my the warm welcomes so thanks guys.

i have browsed harmony central for a while and i decided to join cos i loved the variety of muscians on here from blues to metal and i think its great that i can learn from others in this forum, i hope over time to make new contacts within hc and expand my music tastes and knowledge.

im interested to hear since joining hc what have you got from it?, im now skint but loving it lol

thanks

• Members

Welcome man, H-C is cool, I like it because it's so active, so many threads, so many people, so many different locations, I've never found another site that was like H-C. I come here because it's the only place where I can find people with the same passion for guitars ...and get a good laugh to boot!

• Members

Did any of your guys ever wonder where HC servers are located? I email to a Mod often on another forum and he didn't even know. He also said that the Mods and Admins don't get paid a dime for all the work they do. I take care of many servers and network in my trade and I know it is not easy. HC is BIG and would take a lot of work to keep it running :thu:

• Members

One of the many things I like about this place:

If you're cool and you seem like you're sincere, there's a whole heap'a peeps here who'll knock themselves out to help you, or trade experiences and ideas.

Act like a bozo, and there's also a whole heap'a peeps who'll let you know it, doublequick.

Most of the time, they're the same people.

• Members

Like any forum thousands of people get together to express opinions. You couldn't get this kind of gathering in real life, in one place without chaos ensuing. I think everyone feels free to express exactly what they mean:cop::cop::D!!

Everyone has an equal opportunity to express their thoughts and feelings. We all have the common bond of guitars. At HCEG you read about everything guitar under the Sun.

This is the best Internet place I know of.

And it is fast paced.

Welcome to you! :cool:

• Members

I love HC because of the evolution that it goes through. Back in the day when it was just HCGF it was a fantastic place to hang out. We had the greatest trolls ever, like mcfly/alyssa, the entire MusicYo troupe of C1st, C1st's Mom, Doc Yo, etc. The grand celebration of daddysguitar being the first to break 10,000 posts, and the controversy of whether he was only one person or not.

And then it fell into a cess pool of nothingness. Open Jam spread like a plague to the guitar forum and suddenly there was virtually no talk of guitars. It seemed the only music related posts was pro/anti-numetal arguments.

Then came the great divide. They put upon us all the different and varied forums we have today, and for the most part order was restored. At least I feel that I can come here once more and read about guitars. I think the monthly SPAM thread, and the Hot Deals thread are great! The creation of the HC jams was an awesome development. I still go back and listen to Coverfest IV ("I am a Viking" and "Any Way You Want It"...can't get enough!).

But mainly I love HC because of the guys here. Most here are just plain nice and helpful folk, from all walks of life, who share the same passion with me. Cheers to HC, the greatest forum ever!

Archived