I must be getting older

goFish

• Members

Originally posted by doug osborne

Did you fall asleep during the tornados last week, old man?

I was out of town, and fortunately, they missed my area anyway.

This also qualifies as the first time in my life I've been called "old man". Although recently, I was explaining to a kid that when I grew up, "dude" meant "cowboy", and no young person ever used that word. He thought for a second or two and then said, "you mean they only started using it in modern times?"

Incidentally, I'm 40.

• Members

Originally posted by goFish

I was out of town, and fortunately, they missed my area anyway.

This also qualifies as the first time in my life I've been called "old man". Although recently, I was explaining to a kid that when I grew up, "dude" meant "cowboy", and no young person ever used that word. He thought for a second or two and then said, "you mean they only started using it in modern times?"

Incidentally, I'm 40.

(my folks are in Michigan City, and they lost a tree and some siding)

Falling asleep in front of the TV definitely qualifies you!

• Members

Originally posted by boosh

Everyone that was born before Armstrong touched the moon is Old.

Yes, Booshie... but that is why we know so much more than you.

:D

Not only was I born long before Neil Armstrong walked on the moon -- I saw Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong playing on a paddle-wheel river boat.

Nyah-nyah-nyah.

:D :D :D

PS... and the same summer Neil walked on the moon I saw Jimi Hendrix jam for 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon. (Well... me and 2 or 3 hundred thousand of my closest friends.)

• Members

Well, I really DID see Louis Armstrong playing hot jazz on a paddle wheel steamboat...

... although it wasn't exactly the Mississippi river.

It was a man made "river" that went around in a circle in Anaheim, California, with "Tom Sawyer's Adventureland Island" in the middle...

But it was really Louis Armstrong and he was playing real jazz -- and it was REALLY hot!

• Members

I remember saying; "When cokes go up to a quarter in the vending machines, that's it! I ain't buying em no more!"

When I was short if I could come up with 60 cents, that was a great Saturday. The movie show was .35, coke was .10, and popcorn was .15. If I could score an extra dime then I could get a pea shooter and peas and sit in the balcony! ;)

• Members

Originally posted by ronnie rawhide

Old? let's " tawk"....my mutha was a waitress at the "Last Suppah" (rimshot, drum roll, fade out.
:bor:

Haven't seen her on that famous painting? Was she in the kitchen or under the table?

• Members
Originally posted by blue2blue

Well, I really DID see Louis Armstrong playing hot jazz on a paddle wheel steamboat...

... although it wasn't exactly the Mississippi river.

It was a man made "river" that went around in a circle in Anaheim, California, with "Tom Sawyer's Adventureland Island" in the middle...

But it was really Louis Armstrong and he was playing real jazz -- and it was REALLY hot!

uh-uh...heh,heh...and was like Becky Thatcher there, and like was she REAL hot too, with like, big bazooms ,and like one of those old fashion type blouses that kinda like lace up like criss-cross in the front, ya'know, like the fat chick Wilson sister on the first, like vinyl album from that like ,semi-chick type band called Heart??? whew, wot happened? I think I digressed to when I was 16 years old....dang, gotta stop takin' that Sudafed.

• Members

Originally posted by D Charles

I remember saying; "When cokes go up to a quarter in the vending machines, that's it! I ain't buying em no more!"

When I was short if I could come up with 60 cents, that was a great Saturday. The movie show was .35, coke was .10, and popcorn was .15. If I could score an extra dime then I could get a pea shooter and peas and sit in the balcony!
;)

I remember movies for 25 cents. Popcorn came in a 5 cent or 10 cent box. You got more if you bought two 5 cent boxes.

Two hamburgers, fries, and a coke for 50 cents.

• Members
Originally posted by gatorwing

I remember movies for 25 cents. Popcorn came in a 5 cent or 10 cent box. You got more if you bought two 5 cent boxes.

Two hamburgers, fries, and a coke for 50 cents.

geez, that's right, the soda was like 7 or 8 ounces, I think the smallest soda you can get at fast food places now is twice that size...ah. the popcorn boxes at the movies, you put your perpetual hard on through the bottom flap while your date went to the bathroom, when she came back she reached into the box in your lap and felt Mr.Happy all covered with erstaz butter. boy howdy, the good ol' days.:thu: ps... I never really said "boy howdy" but I heard Glen Campbell say it once when I was stoned.

Archived