Great warmoth "tele" deal on the bay

Dolf

• Members

I've come to find out that Warmoth guitars have the worst resale value ever:mad:

Yep...they sure do take a hit on the resale. I'm even wary of them. I guess I'm always a little worried about the skills of the person that put it all together. My guess is that lots of others feel the same way.

• Members
Why would you build something for yourself and then sell it?
:confused:

I wouldn't but I have seen a few that did. And thats exactly the thing about building a Warmoth. Lot of thought has to be put into all aspects. And with Warmoth from my what I've experienced. I would have to seriously watch the weight.

For me electrics that start to hit 9lbs and up are deal breakers.

• Members

Because I'm fickle and I don't usually hold on to guitars for more than 7-8 months.

Well, then you're not putting enough thought into your purchases and/or builds. :poke:

The only guitar I ever got rid of was my Ibanez Silver Cadet with licensed Floyd. I gave it to my brother and he wrecked it. LOL That's because the guitars either fit my needs or could be modified to fit my needs. :thu:

• Members

Nice guitar!

One of the issues on a Warmoth build, at least from my perspective as a buyer, is that I do not know if the seller knew what they were doing when they assembled the guitar. You CAN screw up a Warmoth. That part of the equation would keep me from even bidding on one unless I knew the builder, or the price was really cheap (like in this case.....).

• Members
I don't understand why people sell warmoth guitars as a whole on ebay when they could part it out and make a lot more money.

does not compute

Exactly, I've looked at many auctions/classified-s for partsocaster and I've yet come across any that have all the appointments I want. I'd assume it's the same for most people - if you were going to invest in a partsocaster; you'd want it the exact way you'd want it and not settle for anything less. If anything else, I'd be much more interested in the parts than the whole thing itself.

Although, I do dream about stumbling on that perfectly put-together partsocaster with everything I've dreamt of and more. :love:

Archived