65 dollars shipping?

Mr_GoodBomb

• Members

UPS has gotten pretty crazy FWIW...

It was gonna cost me about $10 to ship a set of tuners...

:freak:

There is some minimum weight before it's worth your while (monetarily) to send UPS/FedEx. Somewhere around 5-6 pounds. They've always been like that.

For what it's worth, FedEx Ground is consistently 10-15% cheaper that UPS ground for me.

• Members

Take a guitar to the UPS store nearest you, have them box it and ship it and come back and tell us what it costs.

I was in a hurry to ship a guitar a year or two ago, so I did that. My actual shipping cost from WV to Michigan was something like $71. $40 of it was the box and packing material.

• Members

Ebay people have been doing this for the last couple years.. Try looking at electronics, like cables and controller cards.. I recently bought a MIDI to USB cable, paid $3.99 for the cable, $15.00 for the shipping.. Sounds crazy, but the end price was still half what MF wanted for one, so I didn't care. They do it to avoid Ebay taking a bigger piece of the pie. You pay a higher fee for selling a $20 item than you do a $4 item. Should be against the rules, but it ain't. As soon as Ebay pulls out a calculator and does the math on how much jack they're losing on all these auctions, it will be..

• Members

Ebay people have been doing this for the last couple years.. Try looking at electronics, like cables and controller cards.. I recently bought a MIDI to USB cable, paid $3.99 for the cable, $15.00 for the shipping.. Sounds crazy, but the end price was still half what MF wanted for one, so I didn't care. They do it to avoid Ebay taking a bigger piece of the pie. You pay a higher fee for selling a $20 item than you do a $4 item. Should be against the rules, but it ain't. As soon as Ebay pulls out a calculator and does the math on how much jack they're losing on all these auctions, it will be..

• Members

The last few times I've shipped guitars, I charged $25, which left me some cash for Paypal fees and shipping materials and insurance. Chicago to Nashville via Fed Ex ground was $12 last summer.

I know that you should figure shipping cost into your final bid, and I'm not too worried, but...

... if you have to return an item, you've eaten the expensive shipping cost and you won't get it back. When I have a choice, I bid more on another auction than to bid on a high shipping charge auction.

• Members

Uhh.... should we be discussing the fact that $65 is insane for shipping or the fact that you were looking at that awful pink guitar.... I think the latter.
:p

It's a Tracer, they're all goofy lookin, so I might as well get one that's as goofy as possible.

Archived