I hate this....the PRS modern eagle is being DISCONTINUED!

myname1

• Members

I asked PRS if what I had heard about the PRS Modern Eagle being discontinued was true, because I had heard it on another website that they no longer accept orders. So I recieved an email from them....

At this point we are no longer accepting new orders for the Modern Eagle Models.

Thank you for your continued support of Paul Reed Smith Guitars. I hope you find this information helpful, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sadly, it is!

I was really hoping to get my hands on one now that I have some land I will be selling from an inheritance. But I will not get the money for about six more months, because the land that I am inheriting, has to be auctioned off.

I will get 133 acres and should get a sizeable amount for a sale to developers. But by the time I DO get my money, prices for modern eagles may be sky high because they will not be made anymore.

I guess that their supply of Brazillian Rosewood finally ran out....or they are are just saving it for private stock.

Either way...that SUCKS!

• Members

Use a credit card and float the balance for 6 months?

Well that would be great, but I was just hoping to pay it completely off when I got my money. That way, there is no going into debt. The guitar would be completely paid for, which I like.

• Members

Man, there are going to be a lot of unhappy dentists when this news gets out
:(

I am not a dentist. And a lot of people who play PRS guitars are not dentists either. Don't know where you get that from, but that way of thinking is wrong.

• Members
Man, there are going to be a lot of unhappy dentists when this news gets out

man thats just a terrible attitude to have, dont you realise that assuming only dentists buy PRS is very insulting....

to all the lawyers, doctors, and stock brokers who also play them?

• Members

People who are dentists, lawyers, doctors, engineers and stock brokers have been making good choices long before they became dentists, lawyers, doctors, engineers and stock brokers including becoming dentists, lawyers, doctors, engineers and stock brokers.

Choosing a PRS is just another good choice.

• Members

People who are dentists, lawyers, doctors, engineers and stock brokers have been making good choices long before they became dentists, lawyers, doctors, engineers and stock brokers including becoming dentists, lawyers, doctors, engineers and stock brokers.

Choosing a PRS is just another good choice.

Interesting...

So you feel that selling land to buy a guitar is a wise choice that most professional people would make? Interesting.

I'm an engineer and no way in hell would I sell any land for the specific purpose of buying a freaking guitar. I'm no economics expert but it seems foolish to sell an appreciating asset to purchase a depreciating asset. But hey, maybe it's just me:idk:

Very interesting indeed.

• Members

Interesting...

So you feel that selling land to buy a guitar is a wise choice that most professional people would make? Interesting.

I'm an engineer and no way in hell would I sell any land for the specific purpose of buying a freaking guitar. I'm no economics expert but it seems foolish to sell an appreciating asset to purchase a depreciating asset. But hey, maybe it's just me:idk:

Very interesting indeed.

Is that what I said?

• Members

Shoot, the PRS Modern Eagle in the blue jean finish was my savior from my GAS. I could obsess about it all day long and not be tempted to buy it because I couldn't justify spending that much cash on a guitar.

(And I'm a lawyer, don't own any PRS's and my Dentist doesn't even play the guitar!).

On a side note, it doesn't sound like the guy is going to sell his land and spend all the money on the guitar, just some of it...

• Members

I have one, and I work at a walmart distribution center, well i didnt really save up for it tho. When my grandpa died he left me 5 grand. and since he was the only other person in my family who played an instrument, i decided to get the most awesome guitar i could find, and that was the most awesome one i could find at that moment. anyway here is a pic
000_0026-1.jpg

• Members
I have one, and I work at a walmart distribution center, well i didnt really save up for it tho. When my grandpa died he left me 5 grand. and since he was the only other person in my family who played an instrument, i decided to get the most awesome guitar i could find, and that was the most awesome one i could find at that moment. anyway here is a pic

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z247/N_O_VATER220/000_0026-1.jpg

tuzf9.gif

• Members
I'm sorry, this is a discussion about a guy selling some land so he can buy a guitar that is being discontinued. What dialog were you having?

My bad.

You and everyone else assuming I am selling land just to buy a guitar are WRONG, PERIOD! This is NOT a discussion about some guy "wanting to sell land just to get a guitar". That was you and other peoples opinions on this board that said that and that was flat out WRONG!

Maybe you and them ought to have asked WHY I am selling the land, before talking about things you don't know about? Or go off on some tangent that does not even fit into the picture.

I am selling the land because it is PART of a 1,064 acre farm and is being divided between 8 people.The reason we have chosen to sell it to a developer, is because we do not want to go through probate court trying to divide UP the land! Which can cause a nightmare, if someone believes that they did not get their fair share!

If it was ONLY my decision or ONLY 133 acres,I would probably keep the land, but I think it is best this way and avoids hurt feelings among the family rather than trying to divide it up! Which, may I add, my great, great grandfather (The one that gave us the land in the first place) was very worried about. I think he would approve of this as a way to keep peace in our family!

I have seen cases like THIS go through probate court for years on end...and all the money is lost in a lengthy legal battle....all because they could not decide how best to divide up the land.

Someone wants a lake for example... and that lake or timer land or whatever is wanted by two or more people and then you've got trouble!

If you believe that is the only reason I am selling the land, it is your right to be WRONG. Because that is what you are...WRONG!

You ought to ask before making assumptions that are not true.

Archived