I hate this....the PRS modern eagle is being DISCONTINUED!

myname1

• Members

I totally get why you have to sell the land. I have settled an estate and it was a royal pain in the ass. Having said that, if your family can afford to sit on the land for a few years I think you will ALL be better off. This is not a seller's market by any stretch of the imagination...assuming you are in the continental US. Land development around here is at a virtual stand still which is shocking considering the momentum they had going a couple years ago.

BTW I am an engineer and I totally get the dentist crack. I found it quite amusing actually. Just because the insinuation is that PRS are the choice of dentists (or other professionals) doesn't mean that anyone else who can afford one shouldn't buy one. But since almost any dentist can afford one, naturally PRS will tend to land in their hands instead of a blue collar guy.

FWIW, I am an engineer (in land development) and my most expensive guitar is an Epiphone. Buying one swiss army knife will not satisfy my desire to own knives of many other configurations. :wave:

• Members

BTW I am an engineer and I totally get the dentist crack. I found it quite amusing actually. Just because the insinuation is that PRS are the choice of dentists (or other professionals) doesn't mean that anyone else who can afford one shouldn't buy one.

I'm glad someone did! I really wasn't tryin' to start nothin'... just funnin' like we do. Someone needs to bump the snorkeldick thread... :poke:

• Members

You and everyone else assuming I am selling land just to buy a guitar are WRONG, PERIOD! This is NOT a discussion about some guy "wanting to sell land just to get a guitar". That was you and other peoples opinions on this board that said that and that was flat out WRONG!

Maybe you and them ought to have asked WHY I am selling the land, before talking about things you don't know about? Or go off on some tangent that does not even fit into the picture.

I am selling the land because it is PART of a 1,064 acre farm and is being divided between 8 people.The reason we have chosen to sell it to a developer, is because we do not want to go through probate court trying to divide UP the land! Which can cause a nightmare, if someone believes that they did not get their fair share!

If it was ONLY my decision or ONLY 133 acres,I would probably keep the land, but I think it is best this way and avoids hurt feelings among the family rather than trying to divide it up! Which, may I add, my great, great grandfather (The one that gave us the land in the first place) was very worried about. I think he would approve of this as a way to keep peace in our family!

I have seen cases like THIS go through probate court for years on end...and all the money is lost in a lengthy legal battle....all because they could not decide how best to divide up the land.

Someone wants a lake for example... and that lake or timer land or whatever is wanted by two or more people and then you've got trouble!

If you believe that is the only reason I am selling the land, it is your right to be WRONG. Because that is what you are...WRONG!

You ought to ask before making assumptions that are not true.

Now don't go and get your panties in a bunch. Surely you can see how one would get that impression from your initial post, no? Anyway my bad and first of all, sorry for your loss of whoever passed that left you the land. I'm sure you'd rather still have them here than the land. Since you're selling anyway, yeah, I'd do the same as you except I'd probably lean more towards a BMW M3 but hey, that's just me and I'm weird like that.

Good luck with the auction and definately post pics when you get your axe as I'm sure it will be absolutely stunning.

Archived