OT: Human Drum Machine?

BLAblablah

• Members

Originally posted by BLAblablah

Hey, I was being facetious...this is absolutely not about the "music". It is the Video (and his "Video" editing chops) that struck me as amazing. Of course he also must have a lot of time on his hands...

Bear

We can all align transients overlaid onto a quantization grid. Nothing amazing about that. :p

I mean, well........ It helps when your drummer's way out of time.:D

• Members

Who was the guy from the late 50's who had the tv show where he made music using Rube-Goldberg contraptions, pots and pans? Frick I can't remember his name now... I know someone here has to...

Lasse Gjertsen: I proclaim him the First Official Star of the Post-YouTube Era.

I would hope that any day now an ad agency gives him $$$$$$ to make a commercial for one of the following:

Nike

Volkswagen

Ikea

Honda

Nissan

Toyota

Sharp/Aquos

Actually, the Sharp tie-in would make the most sense.... but his stuff is just begging to be leveraged into some commercial aspect.

.. and a brilliant example of how great an unhindered Net can be. Eventually I hope YouTube and it's ilk can provide a springboard for such things, and then at some point usurp the traditional corporate media completely....

The trick being, making that final transition without being bought out and beholden to an already existing media corporation. Google's health pretty much means that's not going to happen... but still...

/ The video where he's trying to cross the road is the funniest, though

// ....and the one where his shadow runs away more clever

Archived