full rig pics

Alchemist

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored}IN RAD DUDE!

how ya likin the 2553?

my favorite amp I have ever played. I cant get a bad tone out of it. I was planning on using a few different boosts when it got here but now that ive been playing it the only pedals I use are my 10 band eq and slash wah

• Members

my favorite amp I have ever played. I cant get a bad tone out of it. I was planning on using a few different boosts when it got here but now that ive been playing it the only pedals I use are my 10 band eq and slash wah

:thu:

i have the 2553 half stack and {censored}in love it. it's second only to my jcm slash.

• Members

:thu:

i have the 2553 half stack and {censored}in love it. it's second only to my jcm slash.

definately. I have been through 5 different marshalls over the past year and this is the one that is staying. just need to put an alnico II in my bridge and Ill be in slash heaven

• Members

definately. I have been through 5 different marshalls over the past year and this is the one that is staying. just need to put an alnico II in my bridge and Ill be in slash heaven

haha a buddy of mine - that can't play ANY instrument but has a good ear - was bitching at me over IM one night he couldn't nail SCoM on expert on guitar hero ... so i plugged my slash sig LP into my jcm slash and recorded the intro and sent it to him and was like "this is how you play it, mother{censored}er" ... and when he heard it he was like "is this a {censored}in live track or somethin? what is this?"

i was like "nah dude, that's ME."

he was all "holy {censored}, it sounds like slash. {censored} you."

good times.

• Members

PICT0194.jpg

I used one of those amps last night at a gig, same config 5150>4x12. None of the controls had any knobs left, but the amp sounded pretty nice! I only used the rhythm channel (had a few pedals), but I got a nice creamy tone out of it.

I usually use either this

FuchsRig1.jpg

or this

bad_cat.jpg

with this

PB13.jpg

When I use the Fuchs, I run a Eventide Eclipse in the loop, with the BadCat I usually add a delay to the end of my pedal chain.

Lately, the guitar of choice has been this

ES3392.jpg

I'm not really a Gibson guy, but this guitar has impressed me more than anything they've had in the recent past.

Last night I used this, but I had the 339 for backup.

WarmothPadoukStrat00011.jpg

• Members

haha a buddy of mine - that can't play ANY instrument but has a good ear - was bitching at me over IM one night he couldn't nail SCoM on expert on guitar hero ... so i plugged my slash sig LP into my jcm slash and recorded the intro and sent it to him and was like "this is how you play it, mother{censored}er" ... and when he heard it he was like "is this a {censored}in live track or somethin? what is this?"

i was like "nah dude, that's ME."

he was all "holy {censored}, it sounds like slash. {censored} you."

good times.

ha thats classic

what settings are you running on your slash. Ive been running p-7 b-7 m-4.5 t-7 volume-3-4 input vol-10 and gain on 6

Im gonna look into picking up the new epi slash lp when it comes out. I want the gibson but i dont have the cash and I dont want to have a 4300 guitar in my dorm

• Members

ha thats classic

what settings are you running on your slash. Ive been running p-7 b-7 m-4.5 t-7 volume-3-4 input vol-10 and gain on 6

Im gonna look into picking up the new epi slash lp when it comes out. I want the gibson but i dont have the cash and I dont want to have a 4300 guitar in my dorm

right now it's set at p-8, b-8, m-6, t-8, m-2 :(, l-7, g-8 in 50w mode. actually tweaked it today for the first time in a while.

the epi looks pretty solid - the alnico II pros go a LONG way - the piezo on the gibson is pretty rad, though.

• Members

right now it's set at p-8, b-8, m-6, t-8, m-2
:(
, l-7, g-8 in 50w mode. actually tweaked it today for the first time in a while.

the epi looks pretty solid - the alnico II pros go a LONG way - the piezo on the gibson is pretty rad, though.

Yeah hopefully it plays somewhat like the gibson. It has the same neck profile which i really liked when I played the gibby. Ive got a alnico II in the neck of my vm right now and its great. but I want the bridge to get me that raunchy bridge rhythm tone from civil war.

Ill miss the piezo who knows maybe ill find a way to come up with the cash ;)

Archived