NGD... '65 Pelham Blue SG Jr!

sh944

• Members

Wahoo!

One of these days, my wife is gonna kill me if I keep buying guitars, but even she thinks this one is beautiful. :)

65SGjr.jpg

Credit for the photo goes to the guy that refinished the guitar, altho I need to look up his name to give proper credit.

Hey leopardstar? Whats a guy got to do to earn his General stars around here? lol I've got a '62 Standard, a '63 SG TV, a '64 SG Jr, a '67 Standard and now the '65 SG Jr in Pelham blue...

Regards,

• Members

The neck had given out at the tenon and *had* to be rebuilt. If it had been left as is, it would have been unplayable.

Trust me, it was a good decision. This guitar ROCKS.

Regards,

well....at least tell me that when you had the refin done, they DID NOT obliterate the serial number, at least

• Members

The guitar had been refinished before I bought it, and yes, the serial number is intact.

I own a number of vintage guitars, and have no heartburn over making a "vintage guitar" into something that can be played. Thats why they built these guitars in the first place! There's nothing worse to me than a guitar that has been silenced from making music to preserve its "vintage" status.

Regards,

• Members

The guitar had been refinished before I bought it, and yes, the serial number is intact.

I own a number of vintage guitars, and have no heartburn over making a "vintage guitar" into something that can be played. Thats why they built these guitars in the first place! There's nothing worse to me than a guitar that has been silenced from making music to preserve its "vintage" status.

Regards,

+ 1,000,000

Congratulations and Happy New Old Guitar Day!

That color is to die for.

• Members

BB, all SG Jr's produced in 1965 left the factory in a cherry red finish. I've seen shipping records that list SG TV's shipping through '68, but those were white. To the best of my knowledge, the only Pelham blue SG's that left the factory were Standards, and you will see *very* few of those.

Thanks, y'all! I appreciate the comments!

Regards,

• Members

BB, all SG Jr's produced in 1965 left the factory in a cherry red finish. I've seen shipping records that list SG TV's shipping through '68, but those were white. To the best of my knowledge, the only Pelham blue SG's that left the factory were Standards, and you will see *very* few of those.

Thanks, y'all! I appreciate the comments!

Regards,

:poke:

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=859974

• Members

Which is why I usually say "to the best of my knowledge". lol I feel even better about mine now, since I know its got an original counterpart out there. I wonder how many of them exist.

Thanks for posting that link, thats an awesome guitar.

Regards,

Archived