This is SO messed up.. let's do something about it???

guitarbilly74

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If we don't have the funds, count me in for a bit more!

Gary

if you guys need more funds, count me in...

I haven't been to the forum a lot the last couple months of '07 and missed out on contributing. However, if we need some more money to make this whole thing happen, I am in...

• Members

cool. whats the deal with the epi drawdeep has.

Im sorry i lost track a bit, but asschool started back about a week ago.

still waiting on UPS, but it's not likely they will do anything.

I'm sure I'll be getting that to give away

• Members

How much is a good LP case including delivery? Where are the best deals?

The $39.99 Musician's Friend cases are good. Sometimes they offer free shipping but it's usually $9.99.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Les-Paul-Hardshell-Case?sku=540949

The Rondo LP cases are very good. I think they are $59.95. Shipping depends on where it's going. Usually around $15.

http://www.rondomusic.com/ec280lpor.html

• Members

Rondo seems to have a few choices of LP cases from $49 to $59. I read 2 descriptions from the $49 cases. One was an injection molded plastic case and the other made of wood.

We have enough to get one case right now and ship it to Atrox for his giveaway. You guys need to chime in here and tell me what you want me to do. I'm just the treasurer. We have $72.91 in PayPal (Not including the $302 put aside in the bank for Drawdeep).

You all have to realize that this means whomever wins the guitar will have to pay for their own shipping. Now, I have to get my boy off to school and myself off to work. I'll check in again tonight.

• Members

Rondo seems to have a few choices of LP cases from $49 to $59. I read 2 descriptions from the $49 cases. One was an injection molded plastic case and the other made of wood.

We have enough to get one case right now and ship it to Atrox for his giveaway. You guys need to chime in here and tell me what you want me to do. I'm just the treasurer. We have $72.91 in PayPal (Not including the $302 put aside in the bank for Drawdeep).

You all have to realize that this means whomever wins the guitar will have to pay for their own shipping. Now, I have to get my boy off to school and myself off to work. I'll check in again tonight.

That includes shipping the Drawdeep guitar to Atrox for repair?

I vote to get the best Rondo case and have it direct shipped to Atrox. He's close to Rondo so shipping should be low.

(I'm boycotting MF so I can't vote for them)

Whoever wins the giveaways should pay shipping. I don't think any of us would have a problem with that.

Again, if any more $$$ is needed, I'm good for $10.

• Members

A couple of thoughts:

I think the winner would be fine with paying shipping.

Second, is if we need two cases (I haven't been following TOO closely), and we are looking from Rondo, we may be able to contact them and see if we can get a discount considering the reason the cases are needed and the relationship the owner has had on HC in the past.

"If you don't ask, the answer is always No"

• Members

I just got off the phone with UPS. As expected, they denied the claim, even though I made extra effort to portray the packaging in the most favorable light possible.

I was going to make this a surprise, but I have a near-mint Epi case that I got when I bought my Epi LP Studio from forumite TehSuperFox, and I planned all along to include it as a "thank you" to the forum.

So no need to worry about a case- the leftover funds should go to cover shipping for the lucky winner.

• Members

I just got off the phone with UPS. As expected, they denied the claim, even though I made extra effort to portray the packaging in the most favorable light possible.

I was going to make this a surprise, but I have a near-mint Epi case that I got when I bought my Epi LP Studio from forumite TehSuperFox, and I planned all along to include it as a "thank you" to the forum.

So no need to worry about a case- the leftover funds should go to cover shipping for the lucky winner.

cool beans man. thanks

• Members
There is no new axe as far as I know.

Drawdeep was to be re-imbursed and remaining funds were to go for repair/shipping of the busted up LP..

Unless I'm mistaken..?

You are right- I am getting back what I had in the bass I traded and shipping, plus enough to ship to Atrox. The rest will go to Atrox for shipping out to the lucky winner.

And there will EVENTUALLY be a new Epi for me, if MF will ever send me my Dot Studio with the free wireless :mad:

Archived