Is your rig worth more than your car?

fuzztone

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never given a {censored} about my car except that it starts when I want it to, gets decent mileage, and requires little maintenance. I got a '92 Grand Marquis with only 78,000 miles for $1300 3 years ago. If you take the resale value of my rig vs the value of my car, it's probably a close call.

• Members

Well, I've had eight cars in ten years of driving, so... Yeah, I've put some money in there. Then again, my rig is pretty full of money too.

Currently, I have two iconic British cars (read: always broken down :cool:)...

This:

Pumpkin.jpg

and This:

LeTruck.jpg

One manly, one not :D

In my gigging rig, I use a HRD (nice and cheap), an R4 BB (not cheap at all), a Howard Roberts Fusion III (again, not cheap), and a pedalboard with about 2k in pedals... So I think I'm about tied :D Then again, my gigging rig never needs a new gas tank :mad:

• Members

I bought my 92 Accord 5 years ago for $3000. Sine then, I have spent probably 2-3 times that amount on gear. Unfortunatly, I traded most of it into GC so all I have to show for that is in my sig.

Ouch, that is highway robbery. I bet GC can't wait to see you again. I'm not saying you don't have nice gear, but it just doesn't seem to equate to $6-9000 worth. Damn resale value - they prolly turned a sweet profit once they relisted your stuff. I'm never selling any of my gear again.

• Members

I own a car, a truck, a minivan and a motorcycle. All of my stuff added together probably is worth more than any one of those...maybe more than all four added together. :o A typical rig though, as far as what I take to a gig, even the cheapest 4 wheeled vehicle is worth more. The motocycle is probably only worth about $1000, so yeah, I've got several guitars that are worth more than it by themselves.

• Members

What's your net worth?

Stick to the thread subject.

My "vehicles":

1966 Ford Fairlane (modded with a 428 CobraJet)

1998 Chevy Conversion Van

2001 GMC 14' Box Truck

2002 Jeep Liberty

2005 Mandalay Model 43 D 41' Motor Home

I'm not going to list my guitars; amps; fx and rack gear. It'll take all day.

Archived