My afternoon Strat project : pawn shop score finds new/old neck !!!

woodsmandan

• Members

This morning I bought a used Jay Turser Strat copy in a local pawn shop. Great price, nice guitar, couldn't pass it up. I've wanted a Strat style axe again for a while, so there it is.

Got home, plugged it in, sound good, very good for the price. But I hate that headstock !

I then remember an old Stagg neck from the early seventies that I have somewhere. This neck was retro-fitted on a beat-up refinished '64 Fender Jazzmaster I bought a couple of years ago. The Jazzmaster's parts are long gone, but I still have the neck.

Got a screwdriver...find out it's a direct fit !!! No holes needed to be drilled, it fits right in the pocket, holes aligned !!!

And the neck is sweet, no dead spots, very stable, bone nuts is very good, stays in tune...:thu: The only down side is, the tiny frets are well worn, so bending is difficult when one is used to medium jumbo, but with a little practice, all is good...

So, that was my little Strat project for the afternoon !

tichien-2025.jpg

tichien-2023.jpg

tichien-2024.jpg

• Members

how wide was your grin when the neck fit right in?

cool looking guitar.

THAT big !!!:)

website I found:

http://xoomer.alice.it/vintagestagg/

quote from there: Today STAGG is again a well-known brand, but it is only a Chinese production of "entry-level" instruments, which seems to have little in common with the quality of the Japanese production of the 70s and the 80s.

Archived