So what is Apple unleashing today? Any ideas?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We'll just have to disagree about this one then.
;)

Either way,
alphajerk
, it's great to see you back in
Craig
's forum.
:wave:

Best,

Geoff

yeah, i just need a phone and makes phone calls and does TXTing. past that, not very interested. my cell has a camera and i never use it, probably same would happen with having an ipod it in as well. i cant stand to listen to music on earbuds, only time i really listen is while driving anyway and my stereo kinda beats earbuds... im waiting for a MCE in dash deck for the car... that would be sweet.

• Members

I'm on the fence about the iPhone thing. Personally, 8GB isn't enough for an MP3 player, I have the hard disk addiction...and I also don't really like phones in general, I tend to think of them as intrusive. Don't get me wrong, I like chatting with friends, but the thing I like about email is you can schedule communications to fit into what you're doing. I hate to be hot into writing an article and have the phone ring, whereas after writing an article, it's a nice break to hang out in a forum or check email (in fact, that's what I'm doing now).

So...email on a phone. At Cingular's "multimedia" rates? I don't think so. Download movies? I have a ton of movies I've never seen, so if I can't see movies on a TV at home, I can't picture myself watching movies on a phone.

BUT this also has the potential to be one of those gadgets where once you own one, you find all kind of uses for it and wonder how you ever got along without it...we'll see. All I can say is, I don't have a Blackberry :)

• Members

yeah, i have seen those transmitters... but im hesitant to even turn on the radio anymore in my car ;) regardless that its not broadcasting the drivel of mass america. it would scare me to look down and see a FM freq on my deck :) although i AM highly ready to lose the whole CD format crap and move to HDD [why i mentioned the MCE deck above with wireless access so i can drive home, access my library and xfer to my car the playlists i want]

Archived