whats the best pedal you can get at guitar center

fuzzylogic220

• Members

a friend and i are taking a trip to GC today and i thought i might pick up a new pedal so give me some suggestions, this is what i have as of now.

volume pedal

johnson distortion

bb preamp

OD9

boss EQ

Nova delay

rmc1

tuner

any suggestions as to something cool to get would be great.

• Members

I wouldn't just go and buy a pedal for the sake of buying a pedal. I wouldn't even buy a pedal if you don't have a use in mind for it, even if it is a good pedal it is useless if you don't actually need it to do something.

• Members

screw GC. find a local, quality Mom & Pop

+1000

I wouldnt even buy strings from GC or MF or any of those corporate mega franchises.

That's like saying, i'm going to Sears, what should i buy?

or, what should i get at Taco Bell/McDonalds/KFC?

Plus, the best pedal is no pedal at all.

• Members

Squirrel-monkey butt sex is one of the funniest South Park bits ever (that is the clip, right? I'm at work and can't really watch).

As to the OP - some other modulation effect (flange/chorus) or a compressor. Yeah, compressor. Check out the guyatone or BBE Orange Squash or EH Fingers (Black or White).

• Members

well, my friend is actually going to be the one buying the most stuff, he's been playing for about 4 years out of a crapy pratice amp with no pedals, so he decided to get something finally he dosent want to spend a whole lot of money but he wants a lot of features. It was kinda funny, he was telling me that he wanted a tube amp, with a great clean and a awesome distortion, for 500 bucks, .....i was like dude, dont we all, ....... and that dosent exist for 500 bucks. so since he's basicaly a noob, never really had any effects or anything, i was thinking he should go with a line6 amp since they have effects built in and that would give him a taste of effects, if not that then i was going to suggest an AC15, and a few pedals just depending upon how much money he wants to spend now. the best mom/pop around here is willcutts in lexington 2 hours away, and he's not going to be spending a whole lot, and actually said, dont take me to this awesome place where they have a bunch of stuff i cant afford. so .....i thought guitar center, thats the safest bet for him imo, if he dont like it after a while he can take it back. no questions

• Members

M&P's are good until there is a problem. There return policies blow 9 out of 10 times.

At any rate, I would go for some kind of modulation effect.

Actually I find the smaller shops in my area are quite accommodating. A couple of them also have very good amp/guitar techs. I support them because the thought of taking my amps to be repaired at a place like GC makes my skin crawl.

• Members

well, my friend is actually going to be the one buying the most stuff, he's been playing for about 4 years out of a crapy pratice amp with no pedals, so he decided to get something finally he dosent want to spend a whole lot of money but he wants a lot of features. It was kinda funny, he was telling me that he wanted a tube amp, with a great clean and a awesome distortion, for 500 bucks, .....i was like dude, dont we all, ....... and that dosent exist for 500 bucks. so since he's basicaly a noob, never really had any effects or anything, i was thinking he should go with a line6 amp since they have effects built in and that would give him a taste of effects, if not that then i was going to suggest an AC15, and a few pedals just depending upon how much money he wants to spend now. the best mom/pop around here is willcutts in lexington 2 hours away, and he's not going to be spending a whole lot, and actually said, dont take me to this awesome place where they have a bunch of stuff i cant afford. so .....i thought guitar center, thats the safest bet for him imo, if he dont like it after a while he can take it back. no questions

You can do that in Guitar Center? No wonder you hear of "new" equipment from Guitar Center being used. Is this a normal policy in America or just in the larger chain stores?

• Members

Not sure how close to Nashville you are, but there are great tube amps on Craigslist all the time. There was a classic 30 last month for $250. Blues Jrs. and Pro jr.s pop up from time to time. Just got to watch it and be patient.

• Members

Actually I find the smaller shops in my area are quite accommodating. A couple of them also have very good amp/guitar techs. I support them because the thought of taking my amps to be repaired at a place like GC makes my skin crawl.

Generally the M&P's have the best tech's around.

Archived