What were you doing at 10 yrs old?

Glyder

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I almost drowned on my tenth birthday. Got rescued by a lifeguard.

I was proud of being able to play the chords to the House of rising sun...

My official "talent" at ten years old was drawing, not music. (it is still my most natural talent, the one I seem to be able to do without putting the usual effort).

I was collecting butterflies and had decided to become a naturalist when I grow up (it was not to be).

• Members

Switching over from violin to guitar(62). I had started on violin at 7 and by the time I was 10 my dad couldn't afford the lessons anymore. So he brought home this acoustic 6 string Zen-On pos guitar which I went thru Bel Bay's Book I in 2 days. I was hooked. Then I discovered the Beatles sometime around then.

By the time I was 13, I had this old LP Jr DC I had picked up for $200. Man that neck was fat!

• Members

Playing hockey and baseball, evading the school bullies, evading my crazy alcoholic parents, playing the Orcana chord organ I got for Christmas that year, smoking cigarettes out in the field, getting brought to a child psychologist. Stuff like that.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

Playing guitar constantly. Even had a band. We were called "THOSE GUYS." We practiced in the garage every day. We even had a "gig". A Muscular Dystrophy back yard carnival. The 5 yr. old girls screamed like we were the Beatles. It was 1965.

Archived