NGD, PRS SE Soapbar II

StratoSlacker

• Members

Got a great deal on Craigslist. Bridge Pup was replaced (cover on the new one didn't fit hence it looks a little off). Got the original pup too.

The neck on this thing is great and completely different from my LPs and Fenders. Great growl out of the soapbars, my Deluxe Reverb loves it. I really dig the top too. My first PRS and my first guitar with P90s.

Case wasn't included and the line near the toggle switch is a reflection, not a ding.

PRS1.jpg

is it maple? i played a maple one the other day and couldn't believe how heavy it was. it took the fun out of it.

• Members

is it maple? i played a maple one the other day and couldn't believe how heavy it was. it took the fun out of it.

mahogany with a thin maple cap. not heavy at all. feels like a toy when you first pick it up. after you plug it in though, it ain't no toy

• Members

Congrats on the new guitar! My SE Soapbar II is really my beater that I use when I don't feel like hauling out the LP, which is most of the time. Mine is a sunburst with creme pickups, non-maple, all mahogany version. I actually prefer the plainer look, as the maple is a bit too pimp for me for what's basically a stripped down rocker.

I reminds of the SG Specials Townshend played in the late 60s. I've thought about replacing the pups, but they sound good enough that it's not an issue. I use it for recording all the time, and the middle position is great for clean and slight crunch tones. I love how it can get wiry sounding like a Fender, but thick and raunchy like a Gibson.

I've really gotten into the wrap bridge and the neck is nice and chunky without being a baseball bat. The gig bag it came with is high quality as well. Great guitars!

• Members

I have a Singlecut SE, and I have to say it's a nice guitar. I even tried to avoid making it my "#1" by not using it as much.....but guess what.....it's my #1 now. I also didn't mind the stock pickups, but I ended up swapping them out with older Dimarzio Super Distortions. With the pickup upgrade, you can't beat this guitar. Great feel, plenty of sustain, low action, and great looking tobacco sunburst flamed top.

http://elderly.com/images/new_instruments/30N/SESC-TBS_body-front.jpg

Mine looks WAY better then this one.

• Members

mahogany with a thin maple cap. not heavy at all. feels like a toy when you first pick it up. after you plug it in though, it ain't no toy

i prefer the light one. that color is very nice, i haven't seen that one, but i don't get out much.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived