Is this another Fox News Channel propaganda?

• Members

Sure. But for whatever reason, MJ was interested in Dr. Dre. Personally, I would think that MJ might be interested in working with Timbaland, and was a little surprised at his people wooing Dr. Dre...but whatever. Dr. Dre would have done a great job producing him as well, had he chosen to do so.

I understand but this guy needs a major remake, remember he's not just another artist coming out with a new album, he's a been accused of child molestation and it's going to take a lot fix the music side in terms of a taking over the charts. But I think Timberland would do a better job.

AI

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I assume the story is true. As I said before, it is simply not in the best interest of a major news organization to fabricate it.

Assuming MJ screwed Bruce out of some money, I sure hope Bruce gets his money somehow.

Nevertheless, since I don't personally know Bruce or MJ, I hope they both can solve their differences. I think it is a shame that the possible implication is that Bruce and MJ don't collaborate again. They produced awesome stuff together, and I'd love to see them do it again.

Though unrelated, a lot of the hatred for MJ stems from his alleged inappropriate behavior with kids. I don't know what happened, but I think MJ is just a guy who never had a childhood. I really hope MJ gets back to creating great music for all our sake!

While MJ can find many engineers besides Bruce, it would be "legendary" for the two to make another album. I'm one of those people who can't wait to hear what the new album will be but if Bruce is going like the article suggests, then I'm loosing my interest.

AI

• Members

While I'm not saying Dr. Dre is not good, I personally think those talents are exhausted.

Personally, I'd say the same about MJ. I'd love to hear him do something fresh, but I doubt he has it in him.

(And, I wouldn't expect it from him if he went with the same old team, anyway.)

• Members

Personally, I'd say the same about MJ. I'd love to hear him do something fresh, but I doubt he has it in him.

(And, I wouldn't expect it from him if he went with the same old team, anyway.)

Exactly, while I'm not saying Dr. Dre lacks the juice, Michael Jackson needs more then a sample/loops for a come back.

I'm not trying to put anyone down but If I was looking for a solid fresh album, I'll go with producers/engineers no one has heard about. As much as I don't dig most of the stuff being made in the pop scene, these cats are making the hits! Like the guy who work on Justin Timberlake's Bringing Sexy Back and the methods he used, it made a hit.

There are hundreds or musicians/Kids in their moms basements, part time musicians and even great guys in this forum that are sitting on potentially huge hit songs. I'll not write Teddy Riley out, but these guy are exhausted.

AI

• Members

I'm just curious as to how people can carry so much hate for someone they don't even know. If Michael Jackson has the funds, I doubt he'll have trouble finding great producers/engineers.

its not hate... its pity. i dont think you need to know a person to see they have some SERIOUS MENTAL ISSUES! course, i think you might be too old for him to hire since i heard he likes to "tap into" that younger talent pool.

but whatever, you obviously worship him or something...

• Members

I think Bruce produced MJ after Quincy left the scene. He also got songwriting credit on some of the songs. Lots of high profile guys get points. It's not unusual at all.

Steve

I thought that was Bill Bottrell.

• Members

AFAIK, Jacko is currently working with will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas. I've known will since '96 or so. Funky contract or not, it's a win-win situation for Will, who's a really talented dude.

The thing that struck me the most was Quincy Jones' commenting that he would never work with Michael again. Whoa, that's heavy. The only thing that could ever save MJ's music is Quincy, but if that never happens again, he's lost all hope.

• Members

its not hate... its pity. i dont think you need to know a person to see they have some SERIOUS MENTAL ISSUES! course, i think you might be too old for him to hire since i heard he likes to "tap into" that younger talent pool.

but whatever, you obviously worship him or something...

I do admire his talents and creative abilities and that of Craig who first got me addicted to HC's SSS and that of Ken and many people on this forum but I will not "HATE" anybody based on allegations and what I see on television.

Sometimes I wondered how I became so open minded, I mean I was born in a country with one radio station and one television station both owned by the government and played nothing but pro government programs laced with propaganda. I have only been in the US for 5 years.

But sometimes I wonder how someone with access to all the facts, all the media and the ability to question authority can think one way.

Michael Jackson has been performing all his life. Have you?

Michael was so popular as a kid, he couldn't go to regular school, go to the zoo, go to the mall with his girlfriend. Were you?

Everything this man saw or did was provided by other people. Do you live this way?

Just for the record, I do hold a degree in human behavior sciences and I'm not guessing on behaviors. I deal with this stuff for a living everyday.

For some people everything is a diagnoses or Psychiatric problem.Some people will diagnosed the Wiggles with some sort of behavior disorders based on their eccentric behaviors.

You can say I worship him if that pleases you and you have the right to your opinion, I respect that.

Please read this article, it's an example.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10019833/

Before you try to spit on someone, try to put your self into their lives.

We need to stop labeling people.

Audioicon.

• Members

I'm not trying to put anyone down but If I was looking for a solid fresh album, I'll go with producers/engineers no one has heard about. As much as I don't dig most of the stuff being made in the pop scene, these cats are making the hits! Like the guy who work on Justin Timberlake's Bringing Sexy Back and the methods he used, it made a hit.

I think everybody's heard of Timbaland already.

• Members

Nobody's interested in MJ anymore. He did a Track with DJ Tempamental and Pras from The Fugees,.... I wondered why nobody ever mentioned it onhere....

Or am I the only one in the world that has that song?

• Members

The thing that struck me the most was Quincy Jones' commenting that he would never work with Michael again. Whoa, that's heavy.

The way it was put too me, that Bruce and Quincy "Doubt" they'll ever work with Michael again ... that's a little more hopeful than Never or not that they wouldn't.

Russ

Nashville

• Members

While I'm not saying the entire story is false, I know how Fox News Channel operates. If you say 10 people died in a fire, they will say 20 people died in the fire.

They are well known for twisting and bending or should I summed it up "Sensationalizing" stories.

That's a pretty serious allegateion -

Is there documentation for that sort of factual misreporting?

If we are asking for the standard

Just out of curiosity, have you met Michael Jackson? Do you know him?

we'd need to ask ask how much time we've spent in the fox newsroom

"sensationalizing" can be a tricky mistress

you once said

Watching 20/20 last night, there was a guy on there who is now very popular and making millions "just for throwing himself through a fense," most kids are now throwing themselves through fenses.

Don't get me wrong, like you I'm not commenting on the specific article or the situation - more us being clean in our process of coming to terms with the information and being true to our standards

• Members

Nobody's interested in MJ anymore. He did a Track with DJ Tempamental and Pras from The Fugees,.... I wondered why nobody ever mentioned it onhere....

Or am I the only one in the world that has that song?

Don't know that song.

And I dunno, Booshy...I think that almost anything MJ does interests people, albeit often in a omigosh-what's-he-up-to-now sort of way. But I don't think I'm alone in saying that if I heard that he were working with Dr. Dre, Timbaland, Daniel Lanois, Rick Rubin, Steve Albini, Tony Visconti, Bruce Swedien, Quincy Jones, Brian Eno, or insert talented or big name producer or engineer here>

, I'd be interested in how it sounded. Whether I loved it or not, who knows, but I'd certainly make a point to listen to it.

And just one other comment...as most of you know, I've traveled around a fair amount. And one thing I've always noticed is how much people all over love MJ, often not knowing about his relatively recent run-ins with the law, allegations of child molestation, and odd behavior. Or not caring. I remember being in a small village in the Andes in Peru. In the restaurant downstairs from the hotel, several of the employees were watching a bunch of videos from MJ, showing him dancing and singing (both live and music videos). And they were clearly thoroughly entertained. So probably 10-12 of us started eating, and before you knew it, all of us were watching along with the employees, long after we had finished our tallarin saltado de carne. It was impossible not to watch. One thing we forget amidst all these allegations of child molestation and bizarre behavior is what a freakin' phenomenal talent the guy is (or was). Sure, a lot of us backpackers had seen these videos a dozen times or more, but to sort of see it through the eyes of Peruvians and share in that really brought home to us what a special, unbelievably gifted artist the guy was.

• Members

Oh man,... don't get me wrong,.... That man is the reason I LOVE music....
Thriller opened my ears and heart.

Later I discovered it was the Thriller Team that did that,...

The song I'm talking about got to me a few months ago,... I haven't heard it anywhere else,.. and misplaced the mp3 hahaha,..

I think I send Patrick(Audioicon) a copy so maybe he can send it to you? It's a cool song but overproduced and processed,...It doesn't breathe or live.

It sounds like Celine Dion singing with Elvis,......

Someone has got to kick the MJ guy into a rehearsal room with some real musicians and tell him to make MUSIC FROM THE HEART again!

• Members
Oh man,... don't get me wrong,.... That man is the reason I LOVE music....

Thriller opened my ears and heart.

Later I discovered it was the Thriller Team that did that,...

The song I'm talking about got to me a few months ago,... I haven't heard it anywhere else,.. and misplaced the mp3 hahaha,..

I think I send Patrick(Audioicon) a copy so maybe he can send it to you? It's a cool song but overproduced and processed,...It doesn't breathe or live.

It sounds like Celine Dion singing with Elvis,......

Someone has got to kick the MJ guy into a rehearsal room with some real musicians and tell him to make MUSIC FROM THE HEART again!

Because of certain statements that may incriminate me I cannot comment on the Mp3. I will not admit or denying getting a copy.
Please talk to my attorney. :D :D

Audioicon

• Members

Don't know that song.

And I dunno, Booshy...I think that almost anything MJ does interests people, albeit often in a omigosh-what's-he-up-to-now sort of way. But I don't think I'm alone in saying that if I heard that he were working with Dr. Dre, Timbaland, Daniel Lanois, Rick Rubin, Steve Albini, Tony Visconti, Bruce Swedien, Quincy Jones, Brian Eno, or insert talented or big name producer or engineer here>

, I'd be interested in how it sounded. Whether I loved it or not, who knows, but I'd certainly make a point to listen to it.

And just one other comment...as most of you know, I've traveled around a fair amount. And one thing I've always noticed is how much people all over love MJ, often not knowing about his relatively recent run-ins with the law, allegations of child molestation, and odd behavior. Or not caring. I remember being in a small village in the Andes in Peru. In the restaurant downstairs from the hotel, several of the employees were watching a bunch of videos from MJ, showing him dancing and singing (both live and music videos). And they were clearly thoroughly entertained. So probably 10-12 of us started eating, and before you knew it, all of us were watching along with the employees, long after we had finished our
tallarin saltado de carne
. It was impossible not to watch. One thing we forget amidst all these allegations of child molestation and bizarre behavior is what a freakin' phenomenal talent the guy is (or was). Sure, a lot of us backpackers had seen these videos a dozen times or more, but to sort of see it through the eyes of Peruvians and share in that really brought home to us what a special, unbelievably gifted artist the guy was.

Interesting point.

AI

• Members
Because of certain statements that may incriminate me I cannot comment on the Mp3. I will not admit or denying getting a copy.

Please talk to my attorney.
:D
:D

Audioicon

The song was freely available on DJ Tempamental's MySpace page a while ago and it got about 200,000 plays so I don't know why it would incriminate you to pass it along?

• Members

You know what I'd like to witness,....??

Quincy and Bruce working again... We can leave MJ out of it. That's HIStory.

No ,..the two Nestors back at it with a new album,... A musical Collage,... Indeed in conjunction with new singers,musicians and co-producers/engineers.

New Blood and Old Blood fusioned in an Audible Orgasm.

The Masters and their Pupils,...To motivate the New Breed of Musiclovers and MusicMakers.

The Art needs to be passed on before it dies out,.....

I'd give a kidney to see that happen,....

Getting a wet dream thinking about it.

Booshy

• Members
The song was freely available on DJ Tempamental's MySpace page a while ago and it got about 200,000 plays so I don't know why it would incriminate you to pass it along?

Come on Boosh my brother, have you had your morning coffee? I'm just joking. :thu:

AI

• Members

they jacked mike's vocals from a demo from his 2001 invincible album sessions. it's confirmed false and not a mike collab albeit a good tune. organic hip hop sound.

• Members

they jacked mike's vocals from a demo from his 2001 invincible album sessions. it's confirmed false and not a mike collab albeit a good tune. organic hip hop sound.

I thought there was something fishy about the Song when I got it. The vocals didn't seem to fit right. I wonder why Pras played along with this. And why didn't MJ sue those guys?

I heard also by the way that these vocals are from 1995 and were from outtakes of the Blood on the Dancefloor album.

Here's an audioclip:

http://mylovelyone.vox.com/library/audio/6a00cdf39e21f2cb8f00d4142122f03c7f.html

Archived