Happy St. Georges Day

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not a story worth telling as it doesn't do credit to many involved. It was the result of a rather bitter individual who had severe issues with Chas and myself, and who appears to have severe esteem issues of his own. This added to a poorly modded situation saw CSM and myself taking a 3 day break, so no great biggy really. I've grown used to bitter back stabbers in my life, they bother me little. It's up to those of us with a higher mindset to rise above the smaller folk:lol:

Careful, Sean ... you'll get us reported again ...

• Members

Not a story worth telling as it doesn't do credit to many involved. It was the result of a rather bitter individual who had severe issues with Chas and myself, and who appears to have severe esteem issues of his own. This added to a poorly modded situation saw CSM and myself taking a 3 day break, so no great biggy really. I've grown used to bitter back stabbers in my life, they bother me little. It's up to those of us with a higher mindset to rise above the smaller folk:lol:

I've noticed this situation developing for a long time and know exactly what you are talking about - I've also been bitten a couple of times. I try to keep my distance now, but sometimes where there is a point of more important principles involved it is very difficult.

• Members
Couldn't reach the Brownie:p

There was a Brownie involved? Isn't that.... illegal?? :p

Happy St George's Day, folks..... let's hope that one day it can become a Bank Holiday, eh? I'd vote for that (ceptin' if it meant voting for the tories, of course. ;) ).

• Members

For further information on UK left patriotism, consult Mr Orwell's The Lion And The Unicorn, a favoured text of Billy Bragg, Paul Weller and me. I can't remember whether or not it was Orwell who defined the difference between a patriot and a nationalist as 'a patriot loves his country, while a nationalist hates everybody else's' -- but if it wasn't, it should've been.

• Members

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them."

George Orwell

And didn't Samual Johnson say "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel?"

Sam Johnson? George Orwell? {censored} YEAH!

Archived