Happy St. Georges Day

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I thought you were an Irish lad? I myself get confused with St David (not me personally), but will also raise a glass of Indian whisky to it, and to your return.

I am, and for many years steered a large berth past the Cross of St George and other iconography that had been hijacked by the right wing. These days, I'm part of the subtle movemnt to arrest ba ck what the right wing has hijacked and bring it back to respectability, so inasmuch as St. G stands for fighting for justice and chivalry I can only applaud those sentiments:cool:

• Members

I am, and for many years steered a large berth past the Cross of St George and other iconography that had been hijacked by the right wing. These days, I'm part of the subtle movemnt to arrest ba ck what the right wing has hijacked and bring it back to respectability, so inasmuch as St. G stands for fighting for justice and chivalry I can only applaud those sentiments:cool:

Good move. I read a while ago a very similar thing written by Billy Bragg - at the time when he and Joe Strummer (I think) were playing short gigs for prisoners.

• Moderators

I thought you were an Irish lad? I myself get confused with St David (not me personally), but will also raise a glass of Indian whisky to it, and to your return.

If you're in Lucknow, I hope you're pigging out on the areas kebabs?

There's a chef there that's known as the King of Kebabs, with one of his creations having in excess of 100 ingredients

• Members

If you're in Lucknow, I hope you're pigging out on the areas kebabs?

There's a chef there that's known as the King of Kebabs, with one of his creations having in excess of 100 ingredients

Oh yes indeed. Tunday Kebabs, in the old city. Superb, but you have to be a little bit careful if you are just about to go on a flight. I love them though. Sorry not to have been around when you were banned - I still have no idea what the story was.

• Moderators

Sorry not to have been around when you were banned - I still have no idea what the story was.

Not a story worth telling as it doesn't do credit to many involved. It was the result of a rather bitter individual who had severe issues with Chas and myself, and who appears to have severe esteem issues of his own. This added to a poorly modded situation saw CSM and myself taking a 3 day break, so no great biggy really. I've grown used to bitter back stabbers in my life, they bother me little. It's up to those of us with a higher mindset to rise above the smaller folk:lol:

Archived