I must stand corrected.....

FUBTAG

• Members

As at least some of you know, I got this delivered earlier this week....

CaseCandy.jpg

body.jpg

Sometime last year I got the reissued Ibanez Artist .. this one

CIMG1294.jpg

When I got it, I called it an LP killer. But that was before spending any 'quality' time with a Gibson. Granted, the LP I got is the chambered body, thinner necked version but a Gibson none-the-less. The LP sounds better stock (with burstbuckers, I believe) than the Artist, and isn't nearly as heavy. To me it is more comfortable, more articulate and just overall fun. Don't get me wrong -- the Ibanez is an extremely well made guitar, and possibly there's be more consistancy across the Artist line of guitar than there is with the LP's. But between the 2 I can compare, the Gibson wins.

I am no Gibson fan-boy, I only have one.. but I must correct a statement I made here on these very forums.

• Members

you may bang your head on the floor untill forgiven.......................................................................................................................................................................................................ok thats enough ;~)

yeah i had always heard that the artist was a lp killer too, hmmm guess i was wrong to, ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.

• Members

you may bang your head on the floor untill forgiven.......................................................................................................................................................................................................ok thats enough ;~)

yeah i had always heard that the artist was a lp killer too, hmmm guess i was wrong to, ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.

It is close, and like I said... I bet that if consistancy was the largest factor, Ibanez wins. But I can't find any QC issues with the LP, and I love the way it sounds. I sold the Artist I had (I still have my early 80's Artist) not for any other reason than to free up some space (so why did I buy a few others?!?!?! that's a topic for another thread).

I still love me my strats though....

• Members

Have you said this out loud in front of the Ibanez?

or are you whispering it while the Ibanez is in another room?

(just don't use the word Sexier about the Gibson & you should be alright when a string breaks & you really need her)

• Members

UNFORGIVABLE

:mad:

As penalty, you must forfeit your les paul; I'll take it and give it to the authorities. I don't make the rules, I just want that les paul.
:cop:

go fish it out of the pond!!!

this was a serious thread.. I am bearing my soul here!!!!

• Members
go fish it out if the pond!!!

i don't live in a pond. as a rock-lobster, i inhabit the coastal waters of Australia, New Zealand, the Caribbean Sea and the Mediterranean Sea mostly. I live in and around reefs ranging in depth from 5 to 275 meters at the continental shelf.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

• Members

i don't live in a pond. as a rock-lobster, i inhabit the coastal waters of Australia, New Zealand, the Caribbean Sea and the Mediterranean Sea mostly. I live in and around reefs ranging in depth from 5 to 275 meters at the continental shelf.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

any you're tasty with a beer! :eek:

• Members

Looks like that Artist had some pretty sweet upper fret access. Any probs going to the Paul?

The Artist nor the LP are my 'goto' guitars. I play a strat for the most part this one as a matter of fact...

1catguitar.jpg

1pickguard.jpg

To be honest though... I have never had an issue going from scale to scale. I don't play alot of upper register stuff, anyway. I mean not at the 22nd fret .... 12th and 17th yeah...but I don't have issues with scale, which maybe from the acoustic work I do as well.

• Members

I love the Gibson comparison threads. When all is said and done, when given the choice, and money isn't an issue, the majority nearly always go with the Gibson. And the word Gibson is nearly always used as the benchmark for comparison purposes.

I have over 15 other guitars ($100-$700) but if the house was on fire, it would be the Gibson that I went in to save.

I am happy for you, and it was nice to hear that a Gibson is worth it, because, well, everyone knows they are.

Archived