Peavey practice amp suddenly went silent

Sutto

• Members

I know this belongs in the Amps Forum but...well, yeah anyway...

I have a Peavey Rage 158 that came with a starter pack I got when I started playing guitar. The other night I tried running a cheap keyboard through the "CD Input" and it worked for a couple of seconds then went silent. Now it's silent through the CD input or the regular guitar input. It comes on when I turn it on, red light works and stuff. Just no sound. What do you guys think happened? Is it something I could fix? :freak:

• Members

I didn't see any fuse, I'm assuming it's inside the casing somewhere I guess. I don't think the amp is worth the trouble of breaking it all open but I'll check out a different speaker. Is it possible to blow the speaker even with a crappy little keyboard with very low power?

• Members

How to fix a broken Rage 158:

Step 1: Go to the store.

Step 2: Buy a Classic 30 or some other really good tube combo.

Step 3: Dispose of the Rage 158

Actually, that's a pretty good procedure even if the 158 is not broken.

• Members

What kind of keyboard did you use? I have a Blazer 158 I'd like to blow up. :freak:

Try plugging headphones into the headphone jack, see if you get sound. If you do, something in the output to the speaker is fried. If not, you fried something in the input stage IMO. The one I have has no obvious place to check a fuse.

• 12 years later...
  • Moderators
On 2/25/2021 at 4:36 PM, Cowboy0815 said:

I have a rage 158 and it’s not working the red light is on but there is no sound nor anything coming out of it the fuse don’t look blown and I tighten up the jack on the amp but there is still nothing coming out 

did you try the headphone out?

Archived