New earbuds for my MP3 player. What are you guy's using?

Super 8

• Members

I am using M-AUDIO's (Ultimate Ears) IE-30. I Likes. Nice!

Hey Mr. M- "full disclosure I work for M-Audio" -Audio. Glad you like your company swag!

I never tried the IE-30s, but I tried your Q-Whatever headphones and THEY ROCK! They're comfortable and sound good, so I wouldn't be surprised if the IE-30's are also surprisingly good, even if one of their own is engaged in a little stealthy online pimpery! :/

• Members

just chiming in to say i've had a pair of SuperFi 5 Pro's for about 6 years now, still on the same cord and the drivers are all fine. definitely had to replace the little earpieces though, they get nasty after a while
:cop:

The foam pieces didn't last long, and I wasn't going to pay 20 bucks for replacements so I got used to the silicone. I made those last. I understood the cord going bad since I kept my MP3 player in my pocket and the cord would get twisted, but I'm pissed about that bass driver. Just put em on one day and it wasn't working. I won't buy another set after that.

• Members

Well, it's time for some new buds. My $20 Koss Plugs have served me reasonably for the past couple of years, and I would recommend them if you want good isolation, good, bass, and only want to spend 20 bucks. But I lost one of the foam pieces, and I've been ready to upgrade anyway.

Here's what I'm considering:

These are new, I don't think you can buy them until later this month.

or maybe the Superfi 3's.

Any suggestions? What are you using?

I use these from Skull Candy when I`m walking/running. Good overall balance and nice low end.

Otherwise, my ATH-M50s are my primary phones when listening to music.

• Members

I use the Monster Turbine Pro Coppers. They are SUPER expensive, but I have to say, in an emergency situation I did a mix with them while in Europe and when I got back and had a chance to really listen to the mix on a variety of speakers, it translated perfectly. BTW the transient response is exceptional, best I've heard with earbuds.

I know, I know...it's Monster. I can't help it, they're really good. I was also impressed by their unconditional lifetime warranty (your lifetime, not theirs) but so far, I haven't needed to avail myself of it. They seem very solidly built.

However, I don't use them for casual, running-around-the-block listening, they're too expensive for that!

• Members

In the back of electronic musician is a Rock-it earphones ad. Yes Craig, I do support your advertisers.

www.rockitsounds.com

I tried them out. I bought the r-10 and r-11. Cost $44 for both. The $20 r-10s are good for gym workouts. The sound is not great but good enough for that environment. The r-11 rocks. Its has great balance of eq and excellent bass, much better than other buds for outrageous prices. I have UE for over $100 and they don't hold a candle to the r-11.

The most important feature of all these buds is that they don't stick out. They fit into the external ear the same way fitted units do. They twist into the large center of the ear lobe and stay put! The cord goes over the ear and behind. Don't waste the money on the r-10s. The r-11 is great. I wonder how much better the sound is of the more expensive models that they offer?

I was surfing Safari (hehe) on my iPod touch this morning with gentle giant playing thru the r-11s and thought I should let people know how great these are..

:cool:

• Members

After a little whining to Logitech they've offered me a 50% off code. It's not what I wanted, but I'll take it. Any Ultimate Ear recommendations?

The most important feature of all these buds is that they don't stick out.

I like mine to stick out so that when people say 'hi' to me and I don't respond they'll understand it's because I'm listening to some tunes and not being antisocial...at least that's my excuse.

Archived