1953 Gibson LP Gold Top - Estimated Value?

DonaldDemon

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Went to see the guitar tonight and let me just say......it's freakin MINT!
:love:
Seriously, there is no cracking or checking in the paint. Not even a scratch except for one small one on the back of the body and a small split in the binding. I couldn't believe the condition of this thing. The case was near mint as well. She wasn't kidding when she told me the guitar has been sitting in the case in a closet for 50 years.

I can't upload the pics right now but I will do it tomorrow morning. Oh and she has a 50's Martin acoustic that she has to get from NY too!
:eek:

I think I can get a pretty penny for this baby. Update tomorrow!

A 50s Les Paul AND a 50s Martin? You gotta be {censored}tin!

• Members

I wish i could find a guitar like that on the garage of some friend of mine that doesn't know {censored} about guitars and buy it for $100.

A few weeks ago i went to my local luthier shop and there was a 62' les paul custom that some idiot let it fall and the neck and headstock broke in like 8 pieces.

• Members

God bless this woman in asking for cash.

She already paid taxes on this guitar when she bought it.

With cash, she can keep it around. Anything else, the regime steals it, spend it on their wars, corporate welfare, subsidizing authoritarian regimes overseas, all sorts of worthless {censored}.

• Members
This one spent a few weeks in my house, was in very decent condition, but has since had the trapeze replaced. I think it went for around 18-20k GBP

53gt.jpg

I like this. But ya.....The old Trap Bridge/Tail set-up were not ther best Gibson design. But I love the OLD P-90 GT's

You don't know how many times I thoyught about a LP=Deluxe with Lollar P-90's in it. Especially when it dipped down to $1400. a couple years back at X-Mas time.

• Members

I like this. But ya.....The old Trap Bridge/Tail set-up were not ther best Gibson design. But I love the OLD P-90 GT's

You don't know how many times I thoyught about a LP=Deluxe with Lollar P-90's in it. Especially when it dipped down to $1400. a couple years back at X-Mas time.

They changed the neck angle when the wrapover bridge was introduced so any of the trapeze versions, even retrofitted with a wrapover will have a few problems.

• Members

I'd say that would come in at the top of the scale, assuming it's all original.

You'd probably be much better off contacting a vintage guitar broker. They'll take a cut, but they'll also be able to get you top dollar out of it, and it looks like it would go for top dollar pretty easily.

Archived