I'm the luckiest guy ever!

RooSTER-b

• Members

After seeing me eyeball one for months, my wife (the little minx) surprised me with a Wangcaster. (Sorry.....no pics......it's a bannable offense) It arrived this morning via Beaver Express (hello.......irony?) It's the Custom model with the vein fret markers. No case, came in a big hard sack. This thing is sweet! It just feels "right" in my hands. I'm like a kid at Christmas....I can't put the sucker down.

My question is do you think I should........

A: Leave it stock (maybe just add some Nut Sauce)

B: Replace the pickups with GFS Neovins

3: Add a Prince Albert

I'll hang up and listen to your answers.

• Members

After seeing me eyeball one for months, my wife (the little minx) surprised me with a Wangcaster. (Sorry.....no pics......it's a bannable offense) It arrived this morning via Beaver Express (hello.......irony?) It's the Custom model with the vein fret markers. No case, came in a big hard sack. This thing is sweet! It just feels "right" in my hands. I'm like a kid at Christmas....I can't put the sucker down.

First thing you'll need to do is pull the strings off that came with it and replace them with 9.5s.

• Members

L.O.L.

Thanks for the call Rooster.:thu:

I would swap the neck with a longer scale version and also, a thicker profile.

Also keep plenty of oil on the fretboard.

I suggest K.Y. jelly and.............................

damn.............

this whole thing is starting to get pretty sickening.............

Lets take another call.

• Members

When you oil it, don't forget the headstock. So many people forget to oil the headstock.

Also, was yours the model with the whammy bar? You may want to add the more "solid" floyd-type bar design, if so.

Lastly, you may want to mod the electronics with a few "push-pull" switches, and buy some spares. The wangcaster push-pulls get a lot of use.

...most importantly, if you're going to a sloppy dive for a gig, you may want to get one of the new trojan-endorsed ax-sacks. You don't want your wangcaster to come home with any bugs or fungus on it.

:facepalm:

• Members

On mine, I get an expulsion of juicy mojo when I play with the knobs.

When your' done, just be sure to wipe it down before zipping up the bag.

Too ...........much ...................time.............on ...........................the internet.

• Members

This is a joke, right? I mean, the amount innuendos is like... :thu: :thu: Wangcaster, beaver, hard, sack, sucker, "just feels right in my hands"??, nut sauce, Prince Albert!! :eek:

• Members
If my wife gave me one as a present I would find that kind of odd.
:p

As long as she didn't include the Craigslist ad, announcing open audtitions for the Village People, I think your safe.

Now if she included a blues bawlz, that would be a rather ssssswankin time!

Archived