Are guitars practical for the non-professional?

Alchemist

• Members

With the advent of electronic media like guitar hero and rock band, is it even practical for non-professionals to learn to play, let alone own expensive collections of guitars, and guitar related equipment. Through an average to good stereo system, the sounds generated by these simulations rival what most non professionals could do in their home.

Even more advantageous is the time saved, all those hours that would been needed to learn to play the actual guitar are no longer important and can better be used for other things, like general internet douchebaggery such as trolling gibson guitars on HCEG.

:cop:

• Members

.... some of those games are pretty convincing <.>

This one is drums, not guitars, but... kinda looks fun

[YOUTUBE]bSccEMD1us4[/YOUTUBE]

Even if it is a parody thread... perhaps the OP does have a point :poke:

:p

• Members

Actually, I was thinking to counter with a "Are CD players practical ..." and then I realized that many people nowaday use MP3 driven iPods and other MP3 players and they do sound inferior to regular CDs ... so it would even be a serious thread. Can't follow the parody with something serious ... so I go with the air guitar argument above ... ;)

• Members

Cardboard Box Guitar

famf107project_13_guitar.jpg It's easy to make a variety of stringed instruments from boxes and rubber bands. To make a guitar, cut a hole about 4 inches in diameter in the top of a good, strong cigar box, shoe box, or large, corrugated grocery box. Stretch four or more rubber bands around the box (thinner and tighter bands make higher-pitched sounds). Let your kids paint their guitars with colorful stripes. They can also draw designs on them or even glue on ribbons or streamers. Then, strum a tune.

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived