So frustrated

colin617

• Members

Friday afternoon, I popped into my local guitar shop to try some out some new arrivals. I walked in , placed my phone down (since my pants did not have pockets), picked up a G&L Bluesboy, and began noodling (unplugged). Not even ten minutes since my arrival, the hanger above where my phone was sitting broke, the guitar hanging from the hanger crashed directly onto my phone. The phone shattered. When I told the manager what had happened, she denied responsibility and kicked my friend and I out of the store.

When I filed a complaint with the BBB, the store said I should have asked for assistance with the guitar. :facepalm: The {censored}ing hanger broke! I have no control over gravity. It is their fault for being too incompetent to screw in a guitar hanger. They are refusing to replace the phone that they are liable for.

Is there anything else I can do?

If anyone is ever in Lynchburg, Va -- stay away from Lynchburg Music. That store is the most dishonest and disrespectful store in SW Virginia.

...and yes, I had intended the buy the G&L. Needless to say, they will not be getting my business from now on.

• Members

uhhh,...cell phones are cheap. unless it's a first generation iphone.

It's almost like stepping off a curb and getting killed. Your cell phone's days were numbered.(LOL)

I wouldn't call them dishonest. You make the accusation and they argue about what you said. They didn't see it happen so you could be covering up for your own clumsiness.

You lost a phone, they wound up with a dinged up, unsold guitar. You were there. Damage happened to both parties.

Leave it alone. Life goes on. {censored} happens once in a while and you both lost. Not much,... but something.

Then again,...litigation is the American way, isn't it?

Not enough money here to worry about it much, I'd say.

• Members

uhhh,...cell phones are cheap. unless it's a first generation iphone.

It's almost like stepping off a curb and getting killed. Your cell phone's days were numbered.(LOL)

I wouldn't call them dishonest. You make the accusation and they argue about what you said. They didn't see it happen so you could be covering up for your own clumsiness.

You lost a phone, they wound up with a dinged up, unsold guitar. You were there. Damage happened to both parties.

Leave it alone. Life goes on. {censored} happens once in a while and you both lost. Not much,... but something.

Then again,...litigation is the American way, isn't it?

Not enough money here to worry about it much, I'd say.

I would have to agree - damage happened to both parties in this case. Thru no fault of either of them...

• Members

was the hanger that broke the one for the guitar you had been playing? If not then the breakage is unrelated to you

Now, I came in with the intention of playing the G&L. I hadn't touched the guitar that fell.

I don't particularly care enough to get a lawyer involved. An hour of my lawyer's time would cost more than a new phone.

And the incident was caught (or should have been) by the store's security camera's.

I'm just frustrated by the incident, is all.

• Members

They should be held liable as their carelessness caused damage to your equipment. What if that phone was a person instead? They were clearly negligent & should have to pay for being so.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The OP didn't have any pockets to put his phone in. That's the store's fault?

So he put's it down on their property and lightning strikes, and he's in the vicinity of this calamity. He blames them and they blame him.

How far you want to go?

What if?

Nah!

• Members

"Act of God"

FWIW, I go to Lynchburg Music all the time. Stand up guys for the most part. Tim, Sean and Rosco especially. I am a little leary about their fretwork, but that's more because their fret dress philosophy doesn't line up with mine rather than any actual deficiency.

If they didn't see it happen, or thought you might have been goofing off, they have every right to deny your claim. Doesn't mean it's the smart thing to do, just that they have the right.

You a Liberty student, BTW?

• Members
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The OP didn't have any pockets to put his phone in. That's the store's fault?

So he put's it down on their property and lightning strikes, and he's in the vicinity of this calamity. He blames them and they blame him.

How far you want to go?

What if?

Nah!

Yep, once the phone was put down and off the person all's fair. What if you were driving and had your phone on the seat next to you (no pockets) and had to brake for a kid on the bike, a dog, the ice cream man etc.. and your phone explodes into the dashboard.Who's liable?..........sorry man it's you.
Just be glad you didn't drop the G&L on the floor.:cry:

• Members

Write a letter to the owner, stating exactly what happened and that you're sure he would not want to have any negative publicity because of the actions of his manager and ask him what he will do to resolve the loss of your phone and to restore reputation of this store. This may have the desired effect. A poll was done years ago making this point. "A satisfied customer will tell 3 people of his positive experience. Conversely, an unsatisfied customer will tell 12 people of his negative experience." You might allude in your letter the damage than "a" (not your) negative experience could have on the stores' reputation.

• Members

Just forget it...

It sounds like youre pretty young and sooner of later you'll have to understand that "Sometimes {censored} happens". This time it happened to you.

I'd contact the owner and politely explain what happened, but if youre not a regular customer, I'd suggest that you replace youR phone (You did buy the extra cost insurance didnt you?) and move on.

Coming on here and bad mouthing a music dealer before you've exhausted other options is very bad form. From the way it appears now, youre going to have to find yourself a new local dealer to work with. If this place is the only one in town, youre screwed.

Archived