NGD: Bacchus Custom

ArKay

• Members

Got it used from Ishibashi with a couple of scratches and dings, but I don't mind those. Truss rod cover is missing as well, but hey, I can make one.

It's obviously based on the Bacchus Duke model, but seems to be a custom order (Bacchus builds you anything you want). So it comes with an ebony fingerboard instead of rosewood and has Vitamin-Q caps in it which I've never heard of before. The bridge is from Gotoh, as is the aluminium tailpiece. The P90 pickups don't have a brand name, but they have shielded wires and the baseplate is as shiny as a mirror. Any ideas? The vintage style tuners are locking.

The P90s came with black covers which I replaced with white ones. I have already ordered white speed knobs for it since I don't have those in the parts bin.

It's lighter than the Fernandes from my other NGD, but I couldn't tell how much it weighs since I don't have an accurate enough scale at hand.

It's a very nice instrument and the craftmanship is outstanding which doesn't help my Duke Standard GAS at all.

bacchus_custom_01.jpg

bacchus_custom_02.jpg

bacchus_custom_03.jpg

bacchus_custom_04.jpg

bacchus_custom_05.jpg

bacchus_custom_06.jpg

bacchus_custom_07.jpg

bacchus_custom_08.jpg

bacchus_custom_09.jpg

bacchus_custom_10.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am surprised how much I like the white pup covers. They really make the look for me. Another ArKay score.

Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day!

Thanks! I like white covers and had also replaced the creme ones on the Vintage P90 strat. Time to order new ones from Reverend. :lol:

• Members

The other Bacchus I'm after looks like this (also a custom order for a shop in Japan).

IMG_6588.JPGIMG_6591.JPGIMG_6590.JPGIMG_6589.JPG

Iced tea burst plain top = :love:

?Body: Maple/Honduras Mahogany

?Fingerboard: New Jacaranda/22f/628mm scale

?Pickups: Original HMC Alnico w/cover

?Controls: 2volume/2tone/3way Toggle SW

?Bridge: T.O.M/Alminium Tailpiece

?Tuners: Gotoh SD-90

?Finish: Top Lacquer

Archived