NGD: Bacchus Custom

ArKay

• Members

Bacchus was making models that cost as much as top end Gibsons cost in Japan 10 years ago, maybe before that but I started buying them about 12 yeas ago.
Seen the prices of high end older Tokais lately?
Recently seen some $1000.oo+ Orvilles on line too. Far too many guys after these nowadays, glad I got mine before the frenzy started...don`t own any Orvilles though, just never been tempted.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bacchus was making models that cost as much as top end Gibsons cost in Japan 10 years ago, maybe before that but I started buying them about 12 yeas ago.
Recently seen some $1000.oo+ Orvilles on line too. Far too many guys after these nowadays, glad I got mine before the frenzy started...don`t own any Orvilles though, just never been tempted.

• Members

• Members

This seller from the UK has them all, Tokai, Orville by Gibson (look at the specs, nitro finish, bound fret ends, etc.), Greco, Burny, Navigator... Only the good models. He has a Love Rock LS-120 from 1980 for which he wants

• Members

Damn you. I really, really, really, really, really, like that guitar.

I have no plans to get another guitar for a while but when I do, I think it may now have to be a Bacchus.

I wonder if they could make me a nice LP with a Floyd.....

HAPPY NGD!!!!

• Members

God that's hot. And to that poster making the comment about "only real musicians would play a Gibson", I'm glad that dumbass doesn't know anything about the quality of Bacchus guitars. I'll take one anyday. I've actually thought about getting one of the oil rubbed finished models. Those are super sexy. :love:

• Members

God that's hot. And to that poster making the comment about "only real musicians would play a Gibson", I'm glad that dumbass doesn't know anything about the quality of Bacchus guitars. I'll take one anyday. I've actually thought about getting one of the oil rubbed finished models. Those are super sexy.
:love:

Thanks, I believe he was kidding :D Mr.Mow had one of those, he got it refinished as a goldtop :cry:

• Members

Nice man, good to see it arrived ok!

My duke (apparently) has Crews manic sound P90s.. But there is no labeling on them so who knows. Mine also has the Vitamin Q capacitors.. do a search for them, bloody expensive!

You see why I pimp Bacchus so much now? They are damn fine guitars, make those Edwards feel like toys!

• Members

Nice man, good to see it arrived ok!

My duke (apparently) has Crews manic sound P90s.. But there is no labeling on them so who knows. Mine also has the Vitamin Q capacitors.. do a search for them, bloody expensive!

You see why I pimp Bacchus so much now? They are damn fine guitars, make those Edwards feel like toys!

Thanks! It was properly packed, bubblewrap around the shipping box, inside the guitar box padded with bubblebags, the guitar inside a gigbag which was again bubblewrapped, twice.

Yeah, I noticed that even Bacchus' own P90s have good, shielded wiring so those pickups could really be anything. There's no label on them, but they have the shiniest baseplate I've ever seen on a pickup. Someone on the MyLesPaul forum said that it could be a 2001 model and that those came with Lollars. Only wished I had specs. I will try to email Deviser, maybe they can tell me more about it if I supply the serial number.

Damn fine components on this guitar, from tuners to bridge, tailpiece, pots (they feel like CTS pots and have a little resistance when you turn them) down to the oil paper caps.

Yes, this is a mighty fine guitar! I can't compare it to an Edwards since I've never had one, but I'm lusting for more :love:

• Members

I wonder if they could make me a nice LP with a Floyd.....

money talks...I`m sure they would...but it might cost ya. When I bought my Hamiltone clone, the shop guy, who was in the Fukushima branch of the Rock Inn when the guitar was ordered by the customer, told me he remembered it when it was ordered and said it cost that guy 400,ooo yen... I hasten to add, I never really know how much of what I`m told here is true, but I`d already said I was going to take it so there was no need to pitch me...and the quality of it is outstanding, it`s got the best of everything thats available so I wouldn`t be surprised if that price, or close to it, was true. When I got it home and looked in the pocket there was some kanji in there so I asked my wife and she said it had Fukushima written there so the guy might have been telling the truth...point is, custom Bacchus/Momose/Deviser orders can run pretty high. Plus now that the company is getting mails from all over the world about their guitars, they know how popular they are, which is interesting because 10 years ago I was getting some models new in the local Laox for $350.oo/$400.oo...man those days are freakin gone.

Archived