metal friendly?

shred4life

• Members

thanx.I liked that rory gallagher dude.when they guy who told me about the thread first mention him,the band oasis came to mind:lol:oh well being in my mid thirties and never hearing of the guy is a little strange especially cuz he's really good.not my style mind you but good player.didnt care much for anything but the leads and fills.oh and thanx for the welcome:thu:

there's this haunting little ditty he does...

[YOUTUBE]TnETs8UxPDA[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
why does a guy who likes metal have to go to the amps forum and so forth?seems a little weird to me.I think everyone should be allowed to express his or her own opinion without fear of retribution.I've read some threads where a person will say something like the "blues stinks" and get jumped on by like 50 people.But when a blues or classic rock enthusiast says metal is for"children or bad guitarists" the applause is overwhelming

Nobody has to go anywhere. Like what you like, champion what you will, expect to get {censored} for ANY position you take - because all of these forums are more diverse than they might appear at first - and just stick to your guns.

And, above all, keep a sense of humor about it all. Getting your panties in a twist over a forum post or thread is, generally speaking, pointless and a little sad. Life is too short. And {censored}, it's clear you know best anyway, right?! ;)

Reading through your posts here, you're in great shape!

Welcome! :wave:

• Members

awesome help here so far.good advice and friendly dudes from both ends of the spectrum it seems.I'm in my mid thirties so I kind of just listen to what a guys gotta say and I if I agree with him so be it but I'm not easily influenced, never have been,and I'll never agree with someone for the sake of agreeing or to make a friend.But I do respect everyones right to their opinion just dont try shoving it down my throat:thu:

• Members

At first I thought you were asking if metal was a friendly music and I was thinking "duh", but to answer your actual question, folks around here are quite friendly 99% of the time. They even allow an idiot like me to post. Imagine that.
Welcome. :wave:

• Members

Metal is awesome. Honestly, the amp forum does have more in store for you if you're into the heavier stuff. This forum is great, though. I don't think I even touched the amp forum until I had been on here for about a year. The guys here are a bit calmer and what not. The guys in the amp forum are pretty cool, but you pick up a lot of weird stuff over there, haha.

• Members

yeah I really like this guy,warrior!the music is a little foreign for me and not really my style but gallagher is AWESOME.is he a really popular guitarist or on the obscure side?I'm gonna finish listening to it now I wanted to stop and reply.thanx again

• Members
Im new and I've heard from others that this site is not very friendly to us metalheads.Is this true or a bunch of BS?

HCEG unfriendly to metal? Not really. There are a lot of metalheads here.

And in Amps ... especially in Amps. And in Effects, too.

A little abuse gets thrown around for scooped mids, Metal Zones, pointy guitars, Zakk, and br00tal gainz, but not a whole lot.

If you want hate for metal, go hit up the hippies in the Acoustic Guitar forum. :poke: :D

• Members

yeah I really like this guy,warrior!the music is a little foreign for me and not really my style but gallagher is AWESOME.is he a really popular guitarist or on the obscure side?I'm gonna finish listening to it now I wanted to stop and reply.thanx again

Not really my regular listening either, shred, but there's something very powerful about this obscure islander's music.

Another great example of that is Roy Buchanan. Check out "The Messiah Will Come Again"

[YOUTUBE]On5372UztI0[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

not bad warrior.I kinda like gallagher more but this guy jams too.I like the part right before the three minute mark where he shreds up the neck and does some light harmonics(I think).the keyboard player looks just like the bassist I saw when a buddy of mne took me to see peter frampton at the sands hotel in atlantic city.never heard frampton except for the stuff thats played on the radio but he absolutely rips.Put on a great show and I thought I was doing my buddy a favor by going at the last minute

• Members
It's a bunch of BS. I even play heavy {censored} on this Tele

redtelecell.jpg

Here's a sample of not only how metal friendly I am but how metal friendly vintage Teles are.

http://www.geargeek.net/media/heavytele.mp3

yup thats heavy alright!!:lol:didn't know a tele had that kinda tone to it.you swap pups or something?Thanx for the welcome too man

• Members

yup thats heavy alright!!:lol:didn't know a tele had that kinda tone to it.you swap pups or something?Thanx for the welcome too man

Actually, I built this particular Tele out of parts. Warmoth body, AllParts neck, Wilkinson bridge, and BG-Pups pickups. The bridge pickup is actually a very slightly overwound '60s-style pickup. Just goes to show you that vintage pickups can get some good grind, eh?

• Members

is there a reason for that or is it just preference?

Just preference. Really, I just started posting here one day and liked it enough to not venture too far out of it forum-wise. It's pretty cool. Sometimes I post death metal vids to make people go "WTF was that!!!", followed by general ridicule. But generally they are pretty friendly around these parts. I'm a superstrat and metal guy in a world of bluesmen and their Teles, but it's all cool. Just don't be a complete dick for no reason at all, and it'll be cool!:thu:

Here's a DM video now!

[YOUTUBE]EzS2AMvppwA[/YOUTUBE]

And some good ol' thrash

[YOUTUBE]PPh8GmY1XPA[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

WELCOME fellow metalhead. I'm into a variety of instrumental guitar stuff from melodic shred to fusion to surf rock and everything in between. While Ii like metal, I consider myself to be a hard rock player. I hang out here. If you help with gear or anything just ask.

Archived