NGD: Schecter PT Fastback

ArKay

• Members

Another guitar from my bottomless wishlist. I had bought a Squier Tele Custom II (P90 model) a long time ago and returned it because I didn't like the raw neck on it. Then I saw that Schecter was making a Tele Custom clone and fell in love with this model.

When I won it I didn't realize that the pickups were not original, the pictures were pretty small and it was difficult to tell from the angle they were taken. Also older models had the smaller pickup in the neck position and the newer ones in the bridge so I thought that whatever was in it would be correct. The seller didn't mention that they had been replaced (wrote that they are Duncan Designed) either.

OK, so the guitar arrives and I notice that the pickups can't be correct. The one in the neck position was far too small for the route so I googled for pics and couldn't find anything which matched. And I couldn't believe that Schecter would do such a sloppy job either. Plugged it in and it sounded damn sweet so I got curious and opened it up. What I found in the neck position was a Gibson mini-hum which was attached with plastic, tape & cardboard and a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat in the bridge. Also the pots have been replaced with CTS ones and it has 4 orange drop caps. 2 smaller ones are on the volume pots in parallel with a resistor. Wow.

So I had 2 sets of Revtrons lying around which I had bought from Reverend 2 years ago and they are the correct size so I installed one of them in the neck position. Left the Phat Cat in.

I don't think that the knobs are stock either, but they seem to be the ones which Fenders uses on the original.

It was pretty difficult to take pics due to the weather, was cloudy at first and then the sun came out for a couple of minutes so the pics are of varying quality.

Stock specs...

• Members

Awesome guitar. You also saved a nice guitar from being ruined by that tool in Seether.

Remember: Play Seether, go straight to prison. It's the law, ya know.

:lol: Yeah, the new one is a signature model then? I'm not much of a traditionalist when it comes to guitars, but I don't like that one.

• Members

Yeah! I'd hit it!

That's beautiful, just beautiful! Your pics really do it justice!

Of course I want one!!

Congrats!!

Worth checking out if you're after some kind of Tele Custom! And you know that Schecter makes great guitars :D

Archived