your favorite RHYTHM guitarists.......

Bobby D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Check The Beatles' All My Loving (1964, originally on the UK With The Beatles album) for Lennon's casually-strummed but dead-on accurate 12/8 triplet rhythm guitar part. Sounds simple and easy -- but just TRY it for the duration of the whole song. After that, Hari's Chet Atkins-inspired rockabilly lead break is relatively straightforward.

• Members

Everybody talks about lead guitarists, solos, shredding, etc.

How about rhythm?

As a professional, you will more than likely be playing RHYTHM about 95% of the time. Unless you are Buckethead:cop:

For me, my absolute favorite and big influence on my playing has been:

ANDY SUMMERS

I favor the "less is more" approach, with some nice chorus and delay.

I absolutely adore Andy's sound, and the way he inverts chords, uses lots of ambiguous voicings tonally, and keeps it "open" sounding.

And then there's always Malcolm Young.

So how about you?

Jimi Hendrix tops my list

EVH is a close second.

• Members

Check The Beatles' All My Loving (1964, originally on the UK With The Beatles album) for Lennon's casually-strummed but dead-on accurate 12/8 triplet rhythm guitar part. Sounds simple and easy -- but just TRY it for the duration of the whole song. After that, Hari's Chet Atkins-inspired rockabilly lead break is relatively straightforward.

Great pop song. The quirky rhythm is probably what gives it such impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g3ZvgWogWc

• Members

Jesus Christ is that all he does is covers when he's with that trio.

Why doesnt he play some of his badass originals like "waiting on the world to change".

because his trio is the way he gets away from having to be JOHN F%^&CKING MAYER......it allows him to jam and play covers and have fun.

but don't let that stop you from diggin on THE METERS.

it's my personal belief that EVERY MUSICIAN should listen to THE METERS.

god bless new orleans.....and let's hope Ike isn't heading in to the gulf to do what Gustav almost did:eek::eek::eek:

Archived