Withdrawing from HC indefinitely

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Ratae... I wouldn't like to see you dissapear, I think you do make valued posts.

At the end of the day, most of these guys are americans and gun trading is perfectly legal there. Whether we in the UK agree with it or not they are operating within the law (I presume). I have no real opinion on whether there should be gun threads here or not, but ya don't have to read em!

Stick around and just ignore it.

To be honest, I have quite a fascination with firearms, I'm Irish....come one we love em, specially the Russian ones, and I am partial to 9mm German revolvers, always have been, it was just the idea of spammin them on a Guitar forum that was sticking in my throat. As I've said before I don't think gun ownership is high enough in the US, they should give em away to anybody who wants em. Natural selection an all that

• Members
To be honest, I have quite a fascination with firearms, I'm Irish....come one we love em, specially the Russian ones, and I am partial to 9mm German revolvers, always have been, it was just the idea of spammin them on a Guitar forum that was sticking in my throat. As I've said before I don't think gun ownership is high enough in the US, they should give em away to anybody who wants em.
Natural
selection an all that

I'm all for that!!!

but, on a side note... Why is it called "Spamming"? seems to be giving the "Real" Spam (hormel) a bad name..:cry:

• Members

To be honest, I have quite a fascination with firearms, I'm Irish....come one we love em, specially the Russian ones, and I am partial to 9mm German revolvers, always have been, it was just the idea of spammin them on a Guitar forum that was sticking in my throat. As I've said before I don't think gun ownership is high enough in the US, they should give em away to anybody who wants em. Natural selection an all that

Ahhh,.......I love the smell of condescension in the morning.........lol.

I'm American. I love Jesus. I have high powered semi-automatic rifles and handguns. I'm a "law abiddin'" citizen and I even love my country. I am all the things that liberals and elitists love to hate. They say and think some pretty nasty things about guys like me.

It doesn't bother me one bit. You see I understand rifles and calculus. I can handle hunting and chemical process design. I love guitars, guns, and fluid dynamics. There's a lot more of us in America than there are of "them". I don't have any respect for anyone who claims to be an atheist. Not because of my love for Jesus and His ways, but because it is a philosophically indefensible position. You agnostic? Ok, we can have an intelligent debate. There's a lot more of "us" than there are of "them".

Note please, that I did not start this, I'm simply using my perceived "right of reply".

BTW, Gunbroker.com is the place for gun tradin', not HC. Trust me, I know.

• Moderators

I don't have any respect for anyone who claims to be an atheist. Not because of my love for Jesus and His ways, but because it is a philosophically indefensible position. You agnostic? Ok, we can have an intelligent debate. There's a lot more of "us" than there are of "them".

Note please, that I did not start this, I'm simply using my perceived "right of reply".

You know where to sell guns, but maybe you need to search out where to talk about your beliefs also, FYI, I'am a former Roman Catholic, I acknowledge Jesus as a man of high morals and good teachins, ditto Lord Buddha, and I am currently being inducted in the the Druid Order. Hope that helps:thu:

However I do not believe that atheism is indefensible, some people simply do not believe in God, get used to it

• Members

You know where to sell guns, but maybe you need to search out where to talk about your beliefs also, FYI, I'am a former Roman Catholic, I acknowledge Jesus as a man of high morals and good teachins, ditto Lord Buddha, and I am currently being inducted in the the Druid Order. Hope that helps:thu:

However I do not believe that atheism is indefensible, some people simply do not believe in God, get used to it

Hehe. In order to say there is no God, you must have all knowledge (be God). Its really Philosophy 101. You can say, "As far as I know, there is no God"....that's about it. Hey people can believe whatever they wish, but at least take a position that can be debated.

Oh, and Jesus was either a freaking looney or God. Would a good man go around telling people that He was their God? Remember..."before Abraham was, I AM."? Nah, Jesus was either a fruitcake or the Son of God. Any other position is just not defensible.

• Members

Hehe. In order to say there is no God, you must have all knowledge (be God). Its really Philosophy 101. You can say, "As far as I know, there is no God"....that's about it. Hey people can believe whatever they wish, but at least take a position that can be debated.

Oh, and Jesus was either a freaking looney or God. Would a good man go around telling people that He was their God? Remember..."before Abraham was, I AM."? Nah, Jesus was either a fruitcake or the Son of God. Any other position is just not defensible.

Oh, BTW, I'm just responding to your "presentation" about Americans. I suppose I took a little bit of liberty, but not much. Anyway, if its too much for the mods, then I will humbly submit to postal deletion.

• Members

There are two crimes of judgement here, and Ratae's misjudgement is not one of them. The only slightly less heinous of the two is the crime of being unfunny. If it was supposed to be a joke, it was a particularly bad one.

But whether or not Ratae got the wrong end of the stick, I think his general stance is right. The bigger crime of judement is this: Parading or glorifying firearms (which happens in plenty of other places on HC, not just this specific case) is pretty pathetic, and to my mind reinforces one of the reasons I am proud to live in Europe. Don't get me wrong, I love America and have many many American friends. But just as you want to exercise your right to bear arms, and see it as as fundamental freedom, I would like to exercise my liberty and freedom to not live in a place where the chances of me or my family being shot (by a criminal, policeman or fellow 'citizen') are significant. To my mind, that is a more valuable freedom.

Call me a flower sniffing liberal or Eurotrash if you will. But just remember that off this forum, we could take it outside and sort it out man to man. Just don't be a coward by bringing a gun. :thu:

• Members
actually the OP was the troll here, he {censored}ing took a stand for his beliefs and proved himself a dumb asshole. I was joshing the guy but if you wanna stick your nose in it {censored} off.

He's a troll when he's "taking a stand for his beliefs"? Isn't that what a troll isn't? You're a troll when you're exaggerating of faking your opinions for the sake of making people angry. That's why people say "I'm not a troll, this is just my opinion".

Aren't you the clever one. :wave:

• Members
There are two crimes of judgement here, and Ratae's misjudgement is not one of them. The only slightly less heinous of the two is the crime of being unfunny. If it was supposed to be a joke, it was a particularly bad one.

But whether or not Ratae got the wrong end of the stick, I think his general stance is right. The bigger crime of judement is this: Parading or glorifying firearms (which happens in plenty of other places on HC, not just this specific case) is pretty pathetic, and to my mind reinforces one of the reasons I am proud to live in Europe. Don't get me wrong, I love America and have many many American friends. But just as you want to exercise your right to bear arms, and see it as as fundamental freedom,
I
would like to exercise my liberty and freedom to
not
live in a place where the chances of me or my family being shot (by a criminal, policeman or fellow 'citizen') are significant. To my mind, that is a more valuable freedom.

Call me a flower sniffing liberal or Eurotrash if you will. But just remember that off this forum, we could take it outside and sort it out man to man. Just don't be a coward by bringing a gun.
:thu:

Hey, I agree with you. If you guys want to outlaw firearms, then more power to you. I would never call you anything derogatory. As a matter of fact you are braver than I being willing to live in a place where only those that greak the law are armed. However, it is disingenuous to portray those who would choose otherwise as being somehow less "evolved" and your intellectual inferiors.

• Members

Ahhh,.......I love the smell of condescension in the morning.........lol.

I'm American. I love Jesus. I have high powered semi-automatic rifles and handguns. I'm a "law abiddin'" citizen and I even love my country. I am all the things that liberals and elitists love to hate. They say and think some pretty nasty things about guys like me.

It doesn't bother me one bit. You see I understand rifles and calculus. I can handle hunting and chemical process design. I love guitars, guns, and fluid dynamics. There's a lot more of us in America than there are of "them". I don't have any respect for anyone who claims to be an atheist. Not because of my love for Jesus and His ways, but because it is a philosophically indefensible position. You agnostic? Ok, we can have an intelligent debate. There's a lot more of "us" than there are of "them".

While I agree with you for the most part, this really is neither the time nor place (nor the method, for that matter).

Sean,

I understand your decision to stand up for what you believe in, regardless of my agreement with it. I tend to do the same sort of thing on occasion ;)

You will be missed. You, the wife and little ones take care. If I never "see" you again, know how much you are appreciated.

• Members
I don't have any respect for anyone who claims to be an atheist. Not because of my love for Jesus and His ways, but because it is a philosophically indefensible position.

If Agnosticism is the only "philosophically defensible" position, do you have any respect for religious people?

They make even more assumptions (that can't be verified or debated) about God(s) than atheists, don't they?

:idk:

• Members
While I agree with you for the most part, this really is neither the time nor place (nor the method, for that matter).

Sean,

I understand your decision to stand up for what you believe in, regardless of my agreement with it. I tend to do the same sort of thing on occasion
;)

You will be missed. You, the wife and little ones take care. If I never "see" you again, know how much you are appreciated.

Perhaps you are right, but I don't see it. If people are free to insult my "type" of individual, then I should certainly be free to at least refute those insults. As I said earlier, if the mods deem what I said to be out of place, then please delete my posts.

• Members
If Agnosticism is the only "philosophically defensible" position, do you have any respect for religious people?

They make even more assumptions (that can't be verified or debated) about God(s) than atheists, don't they?

:idk:

Its really about certainty. If you can be 100% certain about something (without faith, mind you) then you have all knowledge on it. Ask any philosophy prof.

Archived