NSGD (With new theme music) El Diablo

GAS Man

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Happy New Guitar Day to you, to, GAS Man.:)

You know, I think I like yours almost as much as I like mine.

I see you got the special case. And you got the last one Sweetwater had.

I'm still waiting on mine. I guess mine was from the early batches that shipped before the cases came in, then yours came in the batch that shipped with the proper cases.

I really like that case.:thu:

Have you noticed that the volume knob sits just below the string action down in the carve trough? That's the first criticism I heard when the photos first hit the internet.

I think the back of mine may look like the paint is inconsistently layered. But mine looks more weird carving out of the back which I really do not understand. That was one seriously thick slab of mahagony, and I think it'd be better if they left the back alone.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

P.S.

My stepson (26 y-o)and I were A/B-ing all my SGs a couple months ago (Specials, Classic, Std., '61 RI and the Diablo) and that Diablo won the sound-off. Of course it all depends upon what tone you're looking for, but my reason for grabbing the Diablo was wanting to hear the BB1 & BB2 in an SG, and I'd certainly recommend that as a good upgrade.

He wanted to run through the SGs because he's looking to upgrade an Epi G-400. After that sound-off, he's saving up for a set of BBs.

Archived