NGD: Reverend Roundhouse HB

ArKay

• Members

I don't know what to make of the bass contour feature. When I played a Rev in the shop, I thought it would be pretty useful to bring a humbucker back to single coilish-type tones. But, after playing one with P90s, I'm not so sure. It really was more of a reverse tone knob than a tap/split blend. Which is cool, but maybe not more my application...

Anyhoo, HNGD. That's a sweet-lookin' guitar. And if it's like the other Revs I have played, it's got a super playable neck. Enjoy.

• Members

I don't know what to make of the bass contour feature. When I played a Rev in the shop, I thought it would be pretty useful to bring a humbucker back to single coilish-type tones. But, after playing one with P90s, I'm not so sure. It really was more of a reverse tone knob than a tap/split blend. Which is cool, but maybe not more my application...

Anyhoo, HNGD. That's a sweet-lookin' guitar. And if it's like the other Revs I have played, it's got a super playable neck. Enjoy.

Yup, reverse tone knob is also what first came to mind. Have to figure out how this works since I would love to add it to a couple of my other guitars. :D

There's a cap on the pot so maybe that's really all there is to it. :idk:

Edit: Better yet, imagine having a single pot which can do both... like a balance control. In the middle position it would be neutral, turn left for cutting treble and right for bass.

• Members

Guitars like this prove the lie that a good looking LP type has to have fingerboard binding and block inlays

I agree, I actually think guitars lacking binding and inlays (besides dots) look much better.

The only exception for me are binding and block inlays on a red special SG :)

• Members

That's Pretty!

kinda fascinated by the Les Trem....

HNGD!
:wave:

Thanks! It's a nice vibrato and I like the fact that it doesn't require any additional routing or holes on the guitar (unless you get the modified Reverend model of course). :)

Archived