NGD: Reverend Roundhouse HB

ArKay

• Members

Found it on eBay UK and the price was very tempting. It came with a Kinsman HSC and the Les Trem tailpiece.

It's obviously the older Roundhouse HB model without the neck binding and block inlays and the body is made from mahogany as opposed to korina. It also still has the Wilkinson EZ-Lok tuners.

The guitar is pretty lightweight thanks to it being thinner than a Les Paul, yet it's still very resonant. The top is beautiful and the neck feels very nice. I was surprised by the bass contour knob which at first I thought would simply be a blender pot which goes from unsplit to split humbucker, but it doesn't sound like that since the noise level doesn't go up and the pickups don't have a noticeable volume drop either. It simply rolls off the bass.

The Les Trem works perfectly to my surprise so I will leave it on. Since it's installed differently on Reverend guitars (the base plate for the spring gets screwed on) it would leave a small hole should I remove it. The guitar also came with the original bridge & tailpiece though.

First thing I did was to replace the chrome knobs with amber knobs I had in my parts bin.

roundhouse_hb_01.jpg

roundhouse_hb_02.jpg

roundhouse_hb_03.jpg

roundhouse_hb_04.jpg

roundhouse_hb_05.jpg

roundhouse_hb_06.jpg

roundhouse_hb_07.jpg

roundhouse_hb_08.jpg

roundhouse_hb_09.jpg

roundhouse_hb_10.jpg

• Members

Looks pretty sweet there Arkay. And your photos remind me I need a new camera. The 5 m-pixel Sony Cybershot I bought for my wife a few years back just doesn't cut it on that closeup work. My shots often look a bit out of focus.

I think mine might be just as old, it's a 6MP Canon SLR. It's not easy to get mine focused either, there are so many distractions and reflections on a guitar so I always have to find the right angle where it focuses on the spot I want to show. The rest is always blurry.

• Members

Guitars like this prove the lie that a good looking LP type has to have fingerboard binding and block inlays

Doesn't seem to have convinced enough people :idk:

roundhouse_hb_fm_hburst_lg.jpg

I also prefer bound necks, I'm not so sure on the block inlays though.

Archived