Oh boy.....I just bought a Peavey T-60.

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

I'm not really sure why?

I love my T40....that's probaly why....great great great instrument......I've always wanted a T60.

I figure $218 shipped........isn't a bad deal.....especially since it's missing saddle screws and has a little neck/fretboard irritation.

:confused:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360094201568&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023

I've never played one......are they any good?

{censored}....I really need to read the ads more clearly......strap button on the lower bout?

damn, I need to stop drinking. :D

• Members

I think it's a cool guitar.

Defineately unique and indestructible build quality.

My best friend has a very nice sunburst model but he'll never sell it to me.:mad:

Looks like you got a good deal since the price on them has gone up the past few years.

I hope you like thin necks.

Just in case you ever mod it I need a bridge pickup for my friends to make it original.

• Members

A T-60 was my first guitar (actually, it was my brother's, but he let me borrow it). +1 on the skinny necks, +1 on the indestructibility and it also weighs a ton! Not surprising since it was made in the 1970's.

Happy New Guitar On Its Way Day. :)

• Members

Rough example or not, that's a low price!
:thu:

I'm just hoping I didn't get screwed......:cry::mad::idk:

Overall, it looks to be in okay condition......looks like plenty of fret life yet.....

I wonder if there's any way to fix up that neck/fretboard edge wear?

I'm also going to throw some graphtech saddles on there.:idea:

• Members

You like that 4 piece body?
:facepalm::lol:

Haha, that's always been a pet peeve of mine about T-60's, and a reason I could never bring myself to buy a natural. The naturals are also heavier, as they are Northern Ash, while the painted ones are poplar.

So I got a black one.

71021519_a6a90ee6d3_o.jpg

Btw, come over to http://www.peaveyT-60.com if you have any questions or just wanna meet some cool laid-back people who are into T-60's and other T-series guitars. Including Chip Todd, the guy who designed the T-60. He posts there regularly and is as nice as pie. You can even be a member of ITOC-- the International T-60 Owners Club. They give you a number and everything, all official-like. :thu:

• Members

HA! I just joined this morning......I'm trying to find out which which graphtech saddles replace the stock ones.....since my guitar is missing two saddles screws and springs.

Sweet looking guitar you got there! :love:

How does it play/feel?

My T-60 looks like you wood floor. :facepalm:

Teh T-60 will look good next to my T-40. :D

• Members

Haha, that's always been a pet peeve of mine about T-60's, and a reason I could never bring myself to buy a natural. The naturals are also heavier, as they are Northern Ash, while the painted ones are poplar.

So I got a black one.

71021519_a6a90ee6d3_o.jpg

Jeeze, now you tell me about the Poplar T-60's!

I bought one of the natural T-60's, with original case, and a small practice amp for $120, about four years ago, but the bloody thing was so heavy (I've a bad back) that I got rid of it.

Now you've just given me gas for one of the Poplar T-60's.

If the OP doesn't already know, this is a cool site:

http://www.peaveyt60.com/

• Members

Oh, one like it. I also passed up an opportunity to buy a stripped T60. No pups or knobs. That killed the deal because the pups are supposed to be a signature sound.

Parts for these things are kind of hard to find.

I've come across a bunch of ads while researching the T-60 for WTB original cases, knobs, and pickups. I doubt people will find them.

• Members

I've come across a bunch of ads while researching the T-60 for WTB original cases, knobs, and pickups. I doubt people will find them.

That is a good reason to take a screw and saddle from yours down to the hardware store and find two replacement screws. The saddles are fairly substantial on the T-60, as is the bridge.

Looks like yours has replaced switches. Mine has one original switch and one replacement. I also have a spare neck with tuners (one rosewood, one maple).

Cool guitars, but I'm seriously debating putting a tele neck on mine. Love the sound of them, pickups are killer, but hate the pencil-thin necks.

• Members

I've never had any problems geting parts for my T60's. between Ebay, and the classifieds on the T-60 site, you can find what you want. If all else fails, Chip Todd (T-60 designer) has a whole bunch of parts in his stash. YMMV.

• Members

I've actually ordered a set of Graphtech Tele saddles with longer screws.....to replace the originals.

Replaced switches? They look like the standard "bat" style switches.....I had read that they used "bat" style and "flat" styles.

It's good to know I can get parts if I need them......I may watch out for a neck in better condition....since that seems to be the biggest flaw.

Man, I haven't been this excited about a guitar in a while.

Archived