• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Ideal Roundtable-

1. Lemmy

2. Joe Walsh

3. Tony Iommi

4. Matt Pike

5. Keith Moon (if we could wake him up...)

6. Billy Gibbons-funny story about this one:

My mom, who live down near Galveston called me up one morning and explained that she was hanging at a local bar when in walks Billy Gibbons and his woman. He hung out with everyone there, bought a few rounds, took pics and signed autographs for a couple of hours. According to her, he was one of the nicest and most laid back guys you could ever meet.

Of course... I was kinda pissed at her for not calling me when he arrived. Would have been cool to talk to him.

• Members

Lars Ulrich and Tommy Lee. So I could toss the beer into Tommy's face and smash the mug in Lars'. Then I'd go sit at Dave Grohl's table.

I'd like to drink with you sir!! If you were here I'd buy you a beer for that statement!

• Members

Willie Nelson. I'm pretty sure he'd have some weed on him too. The good stuff.

I read a story in Texas Monthly today. It was some musician that said when he smoked with Willie, he totally lost track of everything for several hours. Totally got lost in space.

Yeah, he's probably holding some killer bud...

• Members

Beer makes me mega ill :cry:

That said, i've had a couple of drinks with some artists i'll never forget!

This Town Needs Guns, Interpol, Kings of Leon, Dom Howard of Muse, Chris Steele of Alexisonfire... I can't think of anything right now, but deffinitely the best experience i've had hanging out with a relatively well known band was with The Fall of Troy whilst Tim Ward was still bassist- Some of the most down to earth people i've ever met. Totally chilled, and seriously, see when it came to their fans, they bend over backwards for them, there was one point where Thomas was hounded by people, but he was totally fine with sitting there and talking to them for an hour or so. Really refreshing to see, especially with the amount of bands i've seen that just don't care for their fans. A proper band :)

• Members

i've never met mike - but i do know his pedal steel player; who says he's not THE most social guy anymore having left his partying days about 20 years behind him, but definitely a cool dude to be around.

The line I've heard is that he can be quite surly. Of course I take that with a huge grain of salt. Still love the Social D, either way.

For similar reasons I'd probably keep Chuck Berry off my list. From what I've seen on film, it'd all depend on the night.

I think a few with Steve Jones would be great-- but my guitars would have to be locked down tight. Keef would be fun too, but I'd need an interpreter, maybe Johnny Depp could come along and break it down from Pirate to North American English.

I love Townshend but fear he'd wanna over-intellectualize everything, especially now he's sober. Angus and Malcolm would be fun I think.

• Members

The line I've heard is that he can be quite surly. Of course I take that with a huge grain of salt. Still love the Social D, either way.

It all depends on where and when you interact with them, and I think this applies to any musician, celebrity, and average citizen.

• Members
Beer makes me mega ill
:cry:

That said, i've had a couple of drinks with some artists i'll never forget!

This Town Needs Guns, Interpol, Kings of Leon, Dom Howard of Muse, Chris Steele of Alexisonfire... I can't think of anything right now, but deffinitely the best experience i've had hanging out with a relatively well known band was with The Fall of Troy whilst Tim Ward was still bassist- Some of the most down to earth people i've ever met. Totally chilled, and seriously, see when it came to their fans, they bend over backwards for them, there was one point where Thomas was hounded by people, but he was totally fine with sitting there and talking to them for an hour or so. Really refreshing to see, especially with the amount of bands i've seen that just don't care for their fans. A proper band
:)

Fall of troy? Oh man you've got mad indie cred on the streets

Archived