Is it wrong to eat a half pound of bacon before bed?

halljams

• Members

But what a delicious slow suicide. :D

A half pound of bacon? Sounds like a recipe for slow suicide. Its a carcinogen and frying up it adds in glycation. As an added bonus this carcinogenic time bomb hangs out undigested in your colon for years and raises your LDL cholesteral while the salt works on your blood pressure.
:freak:

I don't even eat fake bacon bits.

Steve

• Members

A half pound of bacon? Sounds like a recipe for slow suicide. Its a carcinogen and frying up it adds in glycation. As an added bonus this carcinogenic time bomb hangs out undigested in your colon for years and raises your LDL cholesteral while the salt works on your blood pressure.

Steve

Spoilsport :p;)

• Members

Steve

let me have fries and double cream with that.

bacon, it's what's for dinno!

Well, it's a large part of what I had for dinner tonight: :o Three eggs, fried over easy in bacon grease, two pieces of buttered toast, a bowl of orange and apple slices, and bacon. How much bacon? Well, my wife friend up a whole pound, and she had a few slices, and set aside enough to make herself a BLT sammich tomorrow for lunch (thanks for the mayo Jeff :wave::D ), and I polished off the rest, with a little bit of help from my dogs. They like bacon too. ;)

I certainly wouldn't recommend it as part of your daily diet, but I enjoy having a meal like that once in a blue moon, and my blood pressure and cholesterol are not a concern, so I figure I might as well. All things in moderation IMO. ;)

I certainly wouldn't recommend it as part of your daily diet, but I enjoy having a meal like that once in a blue moon, and my blood pressure and cholesterol are not a concern, so I figure I might as well. All things in moderation IMO.
;)

Resist... impulse ... assaulting... fridge...

Got a banana and fat-free milk :(

• Members

Well, it's a large part of what I had for dinner tonight:
:o
Three eggs, fried over easy in bacon grease, two pieces of buttered toast, a bowl of orange and apple slices, and bacon. How much bacon? Well, my wife friend up a whole pound, and she had a few slices, and set aside enough to make herself a BLT sammich tomorrow for lunch (thanks for the mayo Jeff
:wave::D
), and I polished off the rest, with a little bit of help from my dogs. They like bacon too.
;)

I certainly wouldn't recommend it as part of your daily diet, but I enjoy having a meal like that once in a blue moon, and my blood pressure and cholesterol are not a concern, so I figure I might as well. All things in moderation IMO.
;)

I man after my own heart. Eggs over easy in bacon grease. mmmmm Bacon Grease.

• Members

i'm hearing a song in there somewhere....

Woke up this morning

Feeling half-dead

Worked the whole day through,

Then at night the wife said:

Have a HALF POUND OF BACON BEFORE BED, my darling,

a HALF POUND OF BACON BEFORE BED.

No, we won't listen to

all the crap our doctor said, we'll have a

HALF POUND OF BACON BEFORE BED.

Yes, we'll watch our asses blow-up and our

Arteries turn to lead, but give us dat

HALF POUND OF BACON BEFORE BED.

Don't mean the turkey or that tofu-{censored}, I said,

Just gimme a HALF POUND OF BACON BEFORE BED. Not just a rasher....

A heapin' HALF POUND O' that hammy,

porky,

trayfey,

salty,

greasy,

trichinosis-faulty

BACON......... BE.........FORE................. BE-E-E-ED.

• Members

Last month, a friend and I were hungry, and finding no readily edible food in my kitchen, decided to cook up all the bacon I had in the fridge. Soon, that crunchy, microwaved bacon was combined with wheat bread and pepper jack cheese.

As we consumed the quantity of bacon, it was written on the fridge, "Bacon Frenzy!"

• Members

I'm giving away one of my best cooking secrets, here...

But I grind my own hamburger meat from chuck steaks, and I add bacon into the grinder, as the beef is going through, instead of beef fat.

Our local high end meat store does this. They take their fillets that are more than 2 days old and grind them up and sell it as ground beef for burgers and what not. It's nearly pure meat. Extremely lean...extremely good and extremely pricey.

Archived