Favorite dead actress/actor you are totally in love with...(this weeks theme)

halljams

• Members

I'm a big sucker for those Douglas Sirk technicolor weepies of the 1950's, like:

IMITATION OF LIFE

WRITTEN ON THE WIND

ALL THAT HEAVEN ALLOWS

MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION

Two of these starred Jane Wyman & Rock Hudson. MPW-14613

I gotta say, I've been in love with the poor, ill-starred beauty Sharon Tate for a long time... I'll never ever understand why someone as kind and gentle as she was had to cross paths with someone as twisted and evil as the Manson bunch... If anything killed the good vibes of the 1960's, it was this incident.

TATE3.jpg

I loved Agnes Moorehead.... agnes_moorehead.jpgThose who only know her as "Endora" are missing out on her better work....

I did go through about three years in the 1990's when I bleached my hair blond, trying to look like Steve McQueen...

mcqueen.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the silent film era, they were the first to rule Hollywood and the surrounding areas. This is Louise Brooks, she knew them all, moguls too.

LBrooks03.jpg

I think all girls looked like that back then, she looks like all the pictures of the gold rush girls up here. But yeah, HOT!

We have a little thing here in winter where there are some younger ladies who dress up as the Can-can dancers and go around town, bar to bar and do dance routines in their 1900 hooker outfits.

It's pretty dirty, but i don't think the girls realize HOW dirty, but i don't tell them.

• Members

I did go through about three years in the 1990's when I bleached my hair blond, trying to look like Steve McQueen...

mcqueen.jpg

[YOUTUBE]3Ogu3773PFE[/YOUTUBE]

(Fix'd for you by Phil - in order to post YouTube vids, just hit the YouTube icon, then put JUST the video number in between the YouTube tags - in this case, "3Ogu3773PFE" - hope that helps. :) )

• Members

(Fix'd for you by Phil - in order to post YouTube vids, just hit the YouTube icon, then put JUST the video number in between the YouTube tags - in this case, "3Ogu3773PFE" - hope that helps.
:)
)

Thanks pal. Nice job on Jeff's stuff BTW!

• Members

With the possible exception of James Dean, Steve McQueen is probably the coolest male actor ever. :phil:

My work partner's real name is Steve McQueen! people are always saying to him, "I know that I know your name from somewhere....."

• Members

With the possible exception of James Dean, Steve McQueen is probably the coolest male actor ever. :phil:

James Dean, Steve McQueen, and Paul Newman: The Holy Trinity of Hollywood Coolness, perhaps?

• Members

Elizabeth Montgomery makes me want to vomit.

Uhh.... why? "What's not to like?" as they say. I'd always heard that EM was highly intelligent while VL was dumber'n a bag o' spanners. Actors and moviemakers loved working with EM; but-- by nearly every account-- rued the day they ever laid eyes on VL.

I always thought of EM as kind of the American Deneuve...

Catherine-Deneuve-Photograph-C11802198.j

• Members

Sorry, gotta draw the line in the sand here.... Bogart is THE man (IMHO of course!! :) )

As an aside, I saw some blerbs on TV about Veronica Lake..... they said she was fun, didn't take herself too seriously and understood she was there as eye candy. Personally, I would have loved to have met her (when she was young and hot!!) but EM would have been cool too!

• Members

A good friend of mine eschews your more bodacious beauties, and instead prefers the boyish, flapper figures of such stars as Fay Wray:

wray.jpg

He tells me he finds KING KONG (1933) very erotic, for reasons known only to him.

He says that, in the original cut of KING KONG, (extant somewhere) the gorilla actually removes the filmy top of Fay Wray... actually revealing her bare breasts! but this was way-y-y too much for an American audience in the Great Depression...

Archived