I sold my les paul for...NAD!!!

zosoKing5

• Members

I can understand the Supreme being too nice to play, but going from the Les Paul to that "Kima"---even if you have mod'ed it---must be hard.

It makes me wonder; has anyone every had an amp that was too nice to play?

you have no idea :cry:

this kima is the worst piece of {censored}, but its just to hold me over. i have a gretsch pro jet in the mail right now, i cant wait for it to get here.

• Members

i have a guitar that i also deem (sp) to nice to play..... prs modern egale. It just scares me to death that if i were to ever put a significant scratch on it......then that scratch would be like a thousand dollar scratch if i were to ever sell the guitar..... but the reason i bought it was because it was so nice and i wanted somthing to hand down to my son ......if i ever meet a girl that isnt retarded and actually get married and have one.......the guitar is so sweet tho.....it plays its self it seems..... i would sell my LP b4 i sold that guitar....but sometimes its tempting because i could get a lot of money for it.

I duno.....right now im thinking i should play it live ..... i mean why not its an awesome guitar. Im cerintly not good enough to deserve it .... but it was a gift from my parents/ grandpa. I think ill keep it and play the heck out of it. i duno

• Members

you have no idea
:cry:

this kima is the worst piece of {censored}, but its just to hold me over. i have a gretsch pro jet in the mail right now, i cant wait for it to get here.

The fret buzz on that kima can't be any worse I'm sure than that Pro Jet will be.

Ooops.

Didn't mean to let the cat outta the bag, sorry.

• Members

Man, there's no such thing as "too nice to play." I learned that the hard way after I went through the same thing with a pristine PRS Custom 22. Pristine when I bought it, pristine when I sold it. Now I have in my lap a Les Paul I acquired, #19 of 40 of the original Cloud 9 run that I paid a good sum for. Since buying it, I've taken a chip out of the headstock, scratched a side, and I'm pretty sure the ding in the top is somehow my fault as well. Somewhere, a collector is crying and I don't care because it's a blast to play.

• Members

thats an opinion, and you are entitled to it. I feel I did the right thing. Ill have a les paul to beat on soon enough :rawk:

also, once i get this thing dialed out i will attempt to make some clips. Ive never recorded before but Ill try to make a video with respectable sound quality.

• Members

I sold my Gibson SG to fund a customized Carvin bolt kit. :)

The SG is very sweet and easy playing but I seemed to be more of a strat guy. I assembled the bolt and later upgraded with a custom made HSH pickguard and a super switch but the pups are still Carvin.

Now the bolt is worth more than the SG and hell of a player guitar. :)

EDIT: whoops, forgot to tell ya my upgrades were walnut body, 10" raduis ebony fretboard, stainless steel frets, graphtech nut and saddles, humbucker in bridge, and white pearloid HSS pickguard which was later replaced with mint green HSH pickguard.

• Members

What happened to the headstock on the guitar? Looks like it was burned or something...

yea actually, the headstock, and a bit of the body has been burned...:facepalm: i managed to save it in time. my friends thought it would be amusing to set my crap guitar on fire. its still going though:lol:

Archived