black strat, white pg: most boring guitar look ever?

jjpistols

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

pickguard selection is everything.

This one (on the right) has grown a little boring to me. The neck is going on a different bod one of these days.

DSC_0052.jpg

Oh perfect, I'll be glad to put that neck on a body of mine. :D

Oh and yeah I completely agree about the black white combo, black black on cream though, gooood.

lb6468ae95456f715b996abgf3.jpg

• Members

Even more boring is a black tele with a white guard. Blech!

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see.

I love my sunburst but sometimes I wish it were black so I could swap out the pickguard to a black one and stuck white pg covers and so forth on there.

Sure, here's your Gilmour look right here :D Now that looks fantastic :D

Gilmour3.jpg

• Members

well, is it?

4 out of 5 beginner packs are a black strat with a white guard

7 out of 10 pawnshop guitars are a black strat with a white guard

I think no o ne ever needs to build another black strat with a white guard - there are plenty of them in existence

am I wrong?

no

you are wrong, guitar industry

You are very correct.

• Members

Dang. Just play the color combination you like best. Who gives a {censored} if someone else likes it or not?

{censored} you it's very important to me what other people do with their money :mad:

I'm a control freak and an arbiter of taste, dammit!

;)

I don't know why people think posting all these pictures of boring guitars is gonna change the facts - still boring, I don't care who owns one (and apparently 90% of all guitarists do)

• Members

I don't know... I think the black body, white pickguard, maple neck is exactly the generic guitar that reflects my playing.

Gilmour is my favorite guitarist and I've probably owned 30 Fender, Squier and other strats, but I've always been afraid to build a Gilmour strat. I mean, when you pull out an exact knock off guitar, you should be able to back it up. Gilmour strat or a white Randy Rhoads with the black lines.

I can't back up a Gilmour strat, but I can easily back up the most generic color combination EVER!

• Members

The point is, pale green clashes with EVERYTHING. There is NO other color that looks good with very pale green. Ask a lady picking out her clothes for the day why she doesn't own anything close to that color.

mint green guards look great with all sorts of colors like:

olympic white

daphne blue

sonic blue

black

surf green

I'm sure plenty of others here will agree.

• Members

The point is, pale green clashes with EVERYTHING. There is NO other color that looks good with very pale green. Ask a lady picking out her clothes for the day why she doesn't own anything close to that color.

Massive fail. A mint green or parchment guard on a 2 tone sunburst looks like it harkens back to the Ventures. A stark white guard on a 2 tone burst looks like... well, it looks like the wrong pickguard on an otherwise great looking guitar.

Archived