Yamaha SBG 1000 worth ?

jtr654

• Members

Found a SBG 1000 for $600 deal or no deal. Also didn't these come with multipile binding on the body neck & headstock? This one has single binding all the way around .

It always depends on the condition.

I won't say it's a great deal but if it's in above average condition, I would seriously consider it. They are great guitars.

Mine is a beat up SBG1200 that I got for a steal off of craigslist. It has single binding all around.

CIMG0975-1.jpg

CIMG0974.jpg

• Members

Tincob. What did you pay for your 1200? What the difference between a 1000 and a 1200?

Sorry, I'm not sure about the difference between the two models. The SBG1000 was sold from 1982-85 whereas the SBG1200 was sold starting in 1985.

I would guess that they are basically the same.

As I said, I stole it. It did have a nasty dime sized neck ding that went to the bare wood that I had to do a drop-fill finish repair. And even though the guitar front is super clean, the back and sides have their share of dings and scratches.

Nevertheless, the $100 that I paid for it constitutes a bargain.

Oh by the way, a Gibson USA padded gig bag and a Chorus pedal was included in the deal as well. I don't think I'll be able to top this deal in my life.

Archived