what is the SINGLE greatest moment in rock history?

RooSTER-b

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The Winner: The
single snare shot
that opens up "Like a Rolling Stone." The snare shot heard 'round the world. It still makes me shiver!

Runners Up:

1. Dylan going electric at Newport

2. Springsteen's 10-night stand at the Bottom Line in NYC, August 1975

:thu::thu:I thought I could be the first one to post Dylan going electric!

• Members
Oh, c'mon. Any serious historian knows it one evening in 1955 when Marty McFly invented rock 'n roll playing with the Starlighters, inspiring band member Marvin Berry to call his cousin Chuck and encourage him to copy the sound. Rumors of circular plagiarism surround the event, though.

:thu:

• Members

There will never be agreement on THE single greatest moment. But we can enumerate lots of different monumental moments.

One of them had to be the first time time "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was played on MTV. (This YouTube video already has 23 million hits...what does that tell you?)

[YOUTUBE]kPQR-OsH0RQ[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Here is the historic moment:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6963424931484533250&hl=en

Check out George's cool solo on his Filterton-equipped Gretsch Tennessean on Till There Was You. Outstanding. Starts at around 3:55.

"John--Sorry girls, he's married."

On one of their three appearances, they were excessively high on weed. I'll have to check the Beatles' Anthology. Anyone remember which one it was?

• Members

Kill yourself.

Chuck Berry, Little Richard and even Jerry Lee Lewis beat the {censored} out of Elvis. Elvis and the Beatles were the Backstreet Boys and Nsinc of the 50's and 60's

The Beatles were the most respected musicians of the 60s, even The Stones wanted to be The Beatles! Rubber Soul on up is instant classic and launched a thousand bands.

Archived