late: new flat day,new guitar hanger day and my first guitar room just for me

chrisebrooks06

• Members

l_ab93fb114d2244bca63fa59e5d6d1874.jpg

at last i finally moved out of home for the first time, its been a little scary at first but now i have my very own little music room, which is cool cos in the past i have always shared a room with my brother.

i will update pics as i go but basically i treated myself to some hercules wall hangers to display my guitars at last, i need to get some more for my esps next weekend.

i need a nice desk and chair and some other bits and bobs, so can any of you guys post your practice space or chairs and stuff you have found practical for guitar playing.

i have looked at office chairs but the handles would be a pain lol

sorry if its a boring thread but i had to tell someone,

thanks

chris:thu:

• Members

Congrats!! I remember when i moved out from the parental unit's roof. Like you said, it's scary and exciting at first.

I usually play on the couch watching TV. When I'm not I have one of these office chairs you mentioned. I just didn't attach the arms when i assembled it.

• Members

Hi Chris! Congrats man. Nice to have your own space, isn't it? My music room also doubles as my office room. One side is the Marshall, the other side is a computer desk. Wow, I feel old, I remember moving out with my band mates for the first time in the 80's. We were so friggin broke.

I like the wall hangers btw. Nice collection. Oh, and welcome to the world of many bills to pay.:lol::lol:

• Members

Hi Chris! Congrats man. Nice to have your own space, isn't it? My music room also doubles as my office room. One side is the Marshall, the other side is a computer desk. Wow, I feel old, I remember moving out with my band mates for the first time in the 80's. We were so friggin broke.

I like the wall hangers btw. Nice collection. Oh, and welcome to the world of many bills to pay.
:lol:
:lol:

thanks mate, yeah bills, they are killing me at the moment, my boss hasnt paid me for 5 weeks and its hurting at the moment.

i have a little savings im living off but yeah its fun, hope everything is good your end

chris

• Members

thanks mate, yeah bills, they are killing me at the moment, my boss hasnt paid me for 5 weeks and its hurting at the moment.

i have a little savings im living off but yeah its fun, hope everything is good your end

chris

Thanks, hope you get paid soon. I'll be up in my music room later. Been working on a couple of tunes and I need to work out a few parts. Nice rainy day here.

• Members

Cool!

I've had to recently vacate the back room due to my mother moving in with us for a while, but we have a very large bedroom so this is my guitar/jam space in the house now.

SN850750.jpg

I just put the guitars up on the wall yesterday.

ace man thats really smart thats what i would like to achieve in my room eventully

:thu:

• Members

Congrats!! I remember when i moved out from the parental unit's roof. Like you said, it's scary and exciting at first.

I usually play on the couch watching TV. When I'm not I have one of these office chairs you mentioned. I just didn't attach the arms when i assembled it.

that must be pretty cool in new york, im in a boring village in england lol :facepalm:

• Members

:thu:

I got my first "jam" room two years when I moved into this townhouse. I'm a single guy with 2 bedrooms, so the back one instantly became my work studio. Now I have a second studio where I teach at so my back bedroom is more of a storage space these days, but it still gets used from time to time. No better feeling than walking into a room and having all your gear just waiting for you. :cool:

• Members

You're off to a cool start, congrats on the place of your own. As for chairs, look for a comfortable office chair that the arms only attach to the bottom of the seat and not to the back & act as braces. Flip over the chair in the store to be sure, and you can just leave off the arms when you put it together. I've done the same thing. I need to take pictures of my guitar room for threads like this.

Later, Jim

Archived