Matthias Jabs Explorer

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

I love the Scorps... and all their guitarists! :love:

When I lived in Dallas, there was one shop (can't remember the name) but they had three Mathias Explorers, one with the TOM, one with a Floyd and one with a Khaler. And they had three Rudolph Vs... One white/black, one black/white and one clear Lucite or whatever. None were for sale.

Hot guitar regardless of if it was his personal guitar or not.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
I read the listing and saw no claims that this guitar was owned by Jabs. Only that it came from the Gibson CS and 10 were made. Does that automatically mean that Gibson made 10 for Jabs?
:confused:
Does that mean that maybe he "rejected" or cast off a few?
:idk:

That listing has changed as when I last saw it, it did say somewhere that it had actually been played by Jabs, either it's a relist or it's been changed, I'm a tad confused.

Either way it's cool as {censored}

• Members
No {censored}...I guess it's safe to say that he prefers the Floyd.
:)
Or is that the EVH Trem they talk about on the site?
:idk:

That EVH trem was one of the first locking trems and was made by Rockinger. Kramer used them for a short time. It was supposed to be the next big thing but some guy named Floyd came along with a product that worked much better.

Here's a link to a big pic of one:
http://image36.webshots.com/36/1/12/84/339311284RjIogF_fs.jpg

• Members
So...Kevin........when can we see a Vintage White Explorer on your site?:poke:

And what about Rockinbetter basses?

That would be a cool one to do. I'm always up to do any custom build if enough people were interested and would buy them...;)

We've been talking about those basses for a while so they may happen soon. I do have the Indie version of those basses available which are pretty nice.

• Moderators
That would be a cool one to do. I'm always up to do any custom build if enough people were interested and would buy them...
;)

You've got at least one customer, but it would have to be:

Vintage white
Ebony board

I reckon the rest you could play fast n loose with, eg pickups, tuners, hardware as it'd be a {censored}ing awesome modding platform as many, like myself see the Explorer as a guitar that is many different things to many different people, and not the shred weapon that many imagine it to be, so it's just as home with a set of PAFs to some and some blackface EMGs to others...it's an everyman guitar

• Moderators

MJ is quite possibly the best guitarist I've ever seen play in the flesh, as it were. I saw the Scorps supporting priest a few years back and even though it was Priest's hometown show, the Scorps blew them away. Jabs was totally on fire!

Scorpions will ALWAYS blow Priest away...that's just the way it is, and Rob Halford will always make Klaus Meine looks awesomely cool;)

• Members
That would be a cool one to do. I'm always up to do any custom build if enough people were interested and would buy them...
;)

We've been talking about those basses for a while so they may happen soon. I do have the Indie version of those basses available which are pretty nice.

Hmmm...... Never heard of your shop, but now that I'm lookinh, some great stuff. LOVE that Korina V!!!

A custom repro line of the Jabs guitar would kick ass.

• Members
...myself see the Explorer as a guitar that is many different things to many different people, and not the shred weapon that many imagine it to be, so it's just as home with a set of PAFs to some and some blackface EMGs to others...it's an everyman guitar

I totally agree with you there. I'm still kicking myself for not keeping one of the korina explorers I had a while back. They're great guitars.

You've got my wheels spinning on this idea. :idea: Antique white, ebony board, maybe best with chrome hardware, open coil PAFs, TOM bridge with stop tail piece and no pickguard. Simple yet killer.

Archived