Matthias Jabs Explorer

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators

It's been a while since I saw a guitar that made me stop in my tracks but this just blew me:cry:

Hope the dude who sold it don't mind me reproing one or two pics, this was actually one of Matti's actual guitars

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140295946964&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

100_2486.jpg

100_2482.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

he's got the thumb lockers on top - my son broke mine and I haven't been able to find another set of those.

they were the SH#$@%T because they didn't need a damn wrench!!

Thanks for sharing the picture of the Mathias Jabs Gibson Explorer w/Kahler tremolo. Brewski, you can still buy the thumb lock levers for your Kahler Pro Stringlock here:

http://www.kahlerparts.com/Part_Pages/9425.htm

Guitar George

• Members

If that was used on tour it seems to be in remarkable shape. :thu:

Also regarding Matthias Jabs, he always did service to the songs whether playing a solo or a fill (LOVED his fills). Not a showboat in any way.

Whenever one of those "underappreciated guitarist" threads pop up you get replies about Uli Roth and Michael Schenker. In the process, the one who gets dissed (even by fans of the UFO/Scorpions fanbase) is Matthias Jabs.

• Members

If that was used on tour it seems to be in remarkable shape.
:thu:

Also regarding Matthias Jabs, he always did service to the songs whether playing a solo or a fill (LOVED his fills). Not a showboat in any way.

Whenever one of those "underappreciated guitarist" threads pop up you get replies about Uli Roth and Michael Schenker. In the process, the one who gets dissed (even by fans of the UFO/Scorpions fanbase) is Matthias Jabs.

No doubt! That drives me crazy. How would anybody like to have to follow those guys?

He did it and did it with his own style. I think he's a helluva player, Flashy when he needs to be but always, always, always solid as a rock. His solos just stick in your head and are always perfect for the song.

I love Uli and MS but I don't think the Scorps would have had the success they had in the 80's without Jabs.

Oh yeah, the guitar. I don't like Kahlers and I don't go crazy for Explorers but I would love to own that one.

He's playing it in this vid:

[YOUTUBE]2UqCkFTtOOs[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

If that was used on tour it seems to be in remarkable shape.
:thu:

I read the listing and saw no claims that this guitar was owned by Jabs. Only that it came from the Gibson CS and 10 were made. Does that automatically mean that Gibson made 10 for Jabs? :confused: Does that mean that maybe he "rejected" or cast off a few? :idk:

Archived